Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
atpeace
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm   

Processor spikes while in editor

Within the Package Editor while hovering the mouse in the left hand package/class/trigger panel or in something like a class notes text area the processor spikes to 100 percent but interesting not the edit text area for the code text area. Is it just me? Wouldn't mind but the noise of the fan.
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:52 am   

I can't reproduce this. What version are you running? What operating system? Do you have a particularly old/feeble computer? What part of the Package Editor has focus when this happens?
atpeace
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 pm   

WinXP Pro with Themes turned off. P4-M 2.4GHz

The processor spike occur all around the Editor in numerous places. Doing the following will hit one area for me.

Select Main window of package after load of cmud
click triggers
(trigger window loads)
just hovering the mouse directly after the load on virtually anywhere within the package editor will produce this for me.

Some places it doesn't spike is on
1) Hovering over the Package Editor Main Window Bar with the close minimise and maximise buttons.
2) Hovering over "Settings/Enabled Script/ Disabled Script/XML" Tab Group Selector.
3) Hovering over any area where the mouse will turn into a window resizer for changing the width or height of a window.

At this time the "Name:" "ClassName" TextBox has focus for my load. Though the entire window can be without focus for these results so it is being triggered by a mouse on enter event fired from a control's api of whatever Cmud was programmed in.. Delphi is it?

These primarily occur in the Settings Editor In cMud proper they occur when you select any menu and are perusing the menu items of the main window and within the mapper when you hover over the "Zone" drop down List Box, for a couple.

[/img]
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 pm   

I cannot reproduce this on any of my test systems here either. If you turn the Windows XP theme system back on so that you are running a more standard WinXP setup, does it work then?
atpeace
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 pm   

I'll let you know when I've booted and found out.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:19 am   

I've had the same issues, like having to use 'end process' because of something happening while the package editor is open that completely hangs cmud. I have the office xp theme enabled, and I have the impression that its caused by updating variables (I say this because I don't know what else could be causing it to hang while the editor is open, variables would be the only changing thing while scripts are running)
NitroGlycerine
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:42 pm   

Same issues here. When in the settings editor, processor usage spikes (and fan going louder as a result) and cmud hangs. Only happens when the setting editor is active. I guess it's when stuff is updated.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 am   

I have hanging issues as well. It's very frustrating. I wish there was something I could do to narrow down further what could be causing it. It appears to be random, and not frequent enough that I can put together any meaningful theories on what might be causing it.
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:36 pm   

The next step could be to email Zugg a copy of the script in question, it may be a simple pretty printing fix on a huge or convoluted script
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: