Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nwsk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:19 am   

Color syntax

Heya,

I'm wondering if there's anyway to enable/disable color syntax expansion on the fly or similar?
Mainly because when I attempt to copy/paste some commands or runs from the mud, it tends to end up with some random color codes which I have to edit out manually before sending to the mud.

On a seperate note, any idea why zmud appears to be getting confused with the darkgreen color code? I've double checked and the syntax i've set is correct.. it's when I attempt to copy some stuff from the mud which contains dark green, when I paste it again the darkgreen is all replaced with low white. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the default color i set (darkgreen).. but no idea how to fix it.

Using zmud 7.21

nwsk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am   bump

.. anyone have any idea?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:24 am   

What are you copying from where to where, and what do you mean by colour code? Colours in the MUD text should only be expanded when pasted into an ANSI trigger, not the command line or anywhere.

If you're pasting into some third-party program, it's possible that it supports ANSI colours, which is why they're being displayed, and that the default colour (the "no colour specified" colour) is white in that program rather than dark green.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
nwsk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:33 pm   

I'm copying it from the output window into the command line. Color codes is referring to the syntax my mud uses to parse colors.. So if i copy a bunch of colored text from the MUD text into the command line, it automatically attaches all the color syntax into that line..

(color syntax: @w = low white, if i see a line such as 'run south' in low white from the mud and copy/paste it into the command line, it becomes '@wrun south' in the command line, which the mud won't be able to process as a command..)
Rappy
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 pm   

I don't think you can, but you can look into MXP and make commands like that clickable to 'run south' instead. (Look down and find how to use <send> with MXP)

A quick example:
Code:

#TRIGGER {run north} {#SUB {<send>run north</send>}}

The above would make any 'run north' that shows up on your screen, a clickable command to send directly to the MUD.

Would be faster than actually copy/pasting to do it that way.

-Rappy
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:31 pm   

This worked for the example @wrun south

Code:
#ONINPUT {^(@\w)(.*)} {#exec %2} "" {regex}

However if I was needing to run south a whole lot I would make macros for ctrl-2 == run south

If you do use that input trigger you wont be able to send @ beginning a line unless you disable triggers. Not really a common problem I think. (btw \w matches a single char, if your codes are more elaborate you would need more triggers based on likelihood (or a fuzzy string list) or right click menu for say BL blue BK black copy. edited 9 times, wondering if the op checked an hour ago. i have no life)
Rappy
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 am   

Odd thing is, looking at the original post time, this topic is from an entire year ago, and the same person is still looking for an answer o.0

Good times.

-Rappy
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:45 am   

rofl, missed it
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: