Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
makena
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:01 am   

[3.02] Two or more sessions cannot share the same map

I assumed that multiplayer would be able to use one map to track more than one character location. I could not get this to work. I tried opening two sessions, then opening the map. Using the View>Locations menu option I created two locations associated with the map. I could not get the map to track two sessions on one map. I could control two locations from ONE session (always the session with focus when the map was first opened).

Am I doing this wrong?

Is this currently not possible?

Will this be possible?

This was a converted map working with a dual 2.37 and 3.02 installation.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:54 pm   

This is not yet possible (well, it might be possible, but it's not easy yet). The new mapper architecture has been written to allow this soon, but the current 3.02 beta was focused on making sure the mapper still worked properly for single sessions. I haven't finished implementing the interface for handling multiple sessions with multiple maps or sharing the same map.

Right now to make this work, you will need to move the Map Object in the settings editor that is associated with one session into a common package file that both sessions can share. Then it's important to create a Location object for each session but to make sure each location is located within each different session window.

So you'd have a *single* Map object in a shared package, and then each main session window would have it's own Location object assigned to that map. My guess is that you currently have separate Map objects for each session.
makena
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:56 pm   

Zugg wrote:
This is not yet possible (well, it might be possible, but it's not easy yet). The new mapper architecture has been written to allow this soon, but the current 3.02 beta was focused on making sure the mapper still worked properly for single sessions. I haven't finished implementing the interface for handling multiple sessions with multiple maps or sharing the same map.

Right now to make this work, you will need to move the Map Object in the settings editor that is associated with one session into a common package file that both sessions can share. Then it's important to create a Location object for each session but to make sure each location is located within each different session window.

So you'd have a *single* Map object in a shared package, and then each main session window would have it's own Location object assigned to that map. My guess is that you currently have separate Map objects for each session.

Yes, your assumptions are correct, I end up with a Map object for each session.
I have had no other problems with the beta.
Zugg, as always, thanks a bunch for your time and effort!

In love with the new mapper,
Makena
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: