Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:58 pm   

Feature suggestion: Double-clicking on nonexistent variable in PE creates it

In the package editor, let's say you've written a script or alias with some variables that don't exist: they are red. If they do exist they are blue, underlined on mouseover, and double-clicking them takes you to the variable. If would be nice if the red ones behaved the same way as the blue ones except that double-clicking it creates a new variable with that name in the current class.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 pm   

I like this idea; sort of wikish.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:47 pm   

I'll give this some thought. But there are a couple of problems. Because the package editor doesn't have any concept of what the actual runtime script context will be, the package editor sometimes colors a variable in red that still exists and is accessible when the script actually runs. For example, the script might be running in response to some other trigger in some other package. So the package editor can never really know the exact runtime context.

Also, I'm not sure if most people necessarily want the variable created in the same class as the script with the red variable. That's pretty limiting.

But I'll add it to the wish list and think about it.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:27 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Also, I'm not sure if most people necessarily want the variable created in the same class as the script with the red variable. That's pretty limiting.

Yes, but it's probably easier to move the variable once created than create a new one from scratch in a different class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: