Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
OldGlory
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:06 am   

PE WINDOW TOOLBAR ISSUE - CMUD235

Now using CMUD235 with Vista. All of the following toolbar issues were set just fine with CMUD234, btw.

In the PE window: The NEW button is not on the toolbar, but can be added from add or remove buttons tab; the SAVE button is grayed out and the CANCEL button is not there at all and using the add or remove buttons does not add them back on the toolbar, nor does the default add them back to the PE toolbar. Interestingly, if I use 'customize' and tick 'save change' (while this small window is still open) then, SAVE appears as it should on the toolbar, but disappears once more when I close the small customize window.

Is there a reason for this behavior of which I am unaware (LOL)??
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:20 pm   

It is more than likely a corrupt settings.tbz file. Delete it while you're not running CMUD and then run CMUD and open the PE at which point the settings.tbz should be recreated for you.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:38 pm   

Did that, Taz, and still it's not working :( I did install CMUD235 over CMUD234. Was that the right thing to do? Did it that way because I don't want to wind up having to wait a month or whatever it is to get my CMUD back (if I screw everything up).

So now my question is: how the heck do I get rid of CMUD235 and return to CMUD234 without breaking something else? I need to know specific files to keep for my character in the document file and also the ones I need to keep and/or in the CMUD directory.

Thanks for your advices :)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:24 pm   

There shouldn't be any problem with installing v2.35 over 2.34 normally. If you want to go back to 2.34, you could install 2.34 in a separate directory and copy over the files you need to it...
OldGlory
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 am   

Thanks for everyone's input, but nothing seemed to work . . .

I was really aggravated and kept fooling around with the problem. The solution was so easy that I almost fell over. In the PE - under view - RESTORE DEFAULT LAYOUT - SAVE & CANCEL returned from their gray mode :)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:03 pm   

Excellent, well done. It was an issue with your settings.xly then and doing the same with that as you had with your tbz would have solved it. Sorry I didn't suggest deleting that one at the same time but I'm really glad you sorted it yourself, way to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: