Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
OldGlory
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 pm   

DOWNLOADED CMUD235 AND -Why me? I don't know a single thing about this stuff!

I use Vista, and following Zugg's directions re DEP I've never had a problem using CMUD. Well, not a problem with CMUD, but personally I always have computer probs!

Honestly, all I did was download CMUD235, install it and try to open it to play. Up popped one of those nasty error messages windows. I have a copy of the entire message, but I thought the following snippit might have the relevant information?

exception number : 1
exception class : EInvalidGraphic
exception message : Unknown picture file extension (.mud).

Also, I tried to reinstall CMUD234 (which had been just fine) and now it too gives me that nasty error message window :(

I am mudless now until someone can VERY SIMPLY tell me what to do, i.e.,
(1) download it again (which I did with same results),
(2) push 'a' button,
(3) select '2' from wherever--

You get what I'm trying to say, I'm sure. HELP
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:03 pm   

What are the steps you are doing to get this error since clearly CMUD does not use .mud files unless you ask it to import or convert one.

Did you try and open a .mud file by double-clicking on it in Windows? Did it ask you what you wanted to do with the file? Did it try and open it in its Photo Gallery or some picture viewer?
OldGlory
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:14 pm   

Quote:

What are the steps you are doing to get this error since clearly CMUD does not use .mud files unless you ask it to import or convert one.

Did you try and open a .mud file by double-clicking on it in Windows? Did it ask you what you wanted to do with the file? Did it try and open it in its Photo Gallery or some picture viewer?

Very bizarre, I read your questions; looked in my CMUD directory; found a .mud file that has been there since I first downloaded/updated CMUD225 through the current CMUD235. I moved that .mud file out of the CMUD directory, and CMUD235 installed just as it should. You must be some Wizard for sure!

Actually Vigilante converted my .mud files, but I am certain that the files he returned to me were placed in my documents file. Don't have a clue as to how that .mud file migrated to my CMUD directory. BTW, I did not try to open the .mud file, and it never tried to open in any picture viewer.

You made that easy :)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 pm   

OldGlory wrote:
You must be some Wizard for sure!

Thanks! Well, it remains something of a mystery, but at least it's working now! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: