Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kinnoinen
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:57 am   

[2.29] Tab completations not saving

I have a problem with the tab completations. I can add and use them just fine, but after I close and restart cmud all the completations have disappeared. Other settings are saved OK.

Any ideas?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:10 pm   

How exactly are you adding tab completion words? Remember that normally the tab completion looks at the current screen of MUD output to automatically complete words. But I assume you are talking about words added with the #TAB command or something? But I wasn't able to reproduce this. I created a new session, and then typed:

#TAB mytest

and then exit CMUD and restarted the session. When I restarted, the "mytest" tab completion word still worked and was still listed in the View/Tab Completion dialog.
kinnoinen
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 pm   

OK seems that adding with #tab-command works. But when I add with CTRL-W the word goes under "default settings" in tab completations and disappears after a restart. #tab-command adds it under my current package.

Also the "Edit Tab completation" window is a bit confusing, there is a Name column and a Value column. The tab completation words are under the Name column but the Value column is empty and I can't edit it in any way.

But it works now, thanks. :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm   

Hmm, yes, I confirmed both problems. The Ctrl-W and Actions/AddTab command do seem to add the word to the default settings instead of the session settings. Since the default package is marked as read-only by default, it doesn't get saved. Use the #TAB command until this can be fixed.

I also confirmed that the value column isn't editable in the tab completion dialog. Not sure when that got messed up, but I've added it to the list.

The way the value is supposed to work is that the value will replace the name when you use tab completion. But I noticed that in the Tab Completion dialog, even clicking the New button doesn't let you edit the grid. Anyway, added to bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: