Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Micaelis

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 pm   

Macro's Overriding in Cmud

When I hit my macros, it does the command but then it uses what it would normally do too. So with F10, it does my command chain and then goes to the file tab, so I have to push f10, click the screen, and then go. Any ideas on how to turn off making the f keys bring up things in the menu? Besides the Macro overrides yatta yatta, I clicked that and it still doesn't help.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:05 pm   

Some things are done by Windows and can't be easily overridden (like the windows key). F10 is one of those things.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 pm   

Are you sure? I've been using F10 since I first started using zMud 5.55 a number of years ago. It works fine for me now, maybe there is something wrong in your preferences regarding macros?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 am   

I stand corrected. This was an issue some time ago but has since been fixed. The "macros override menu shortcuts" option should work with F10. Check that it really is enabled for the window in question (each window has separate preferences) and that that window's got focus.

Unless you're using an old version. The current public version is 2.25.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:43 pm   

I had this issue before the latest upgrade to 2.25 and was able to fix it, now I can't. Before the upgrade I checked my Macros override menu shortcuts and after restarting CMud it worked fine. After the upgrade this didn't work. After restarting CMud I can press F10 exactly one time and it won't switch focus to the menu bar, from then on it always switches (until I restart CMud again).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:49 pm   

Not sure what to suggest. I guess we would need to see your exact script that you have assigned to F10. In a blank session, I just did this:

#KEY F10 {#say it works}

and I can keep pressing F10 as many times as I want and it never focuses the menu bar at all.
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:45 pm   

I did #KEY F10 {#say it works} as well and pressed F10 a few times, each time getting the echo. Then when I type "h" it opens the help menu drop down.

I've checked again that Macros override menu shortcuts is checked in the window I'm using (it's checked in all my windows, in fact). I have a few capture windows, but I don't work in the Editor.

The script that I usually use in F10 is a simple "concentrate on @tgt".
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm   

On a side note, everytime I press F10 now it's MOCKING me!! ;)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm   

What version of Windows are you using? Can anyone else confirm this problem. I just tested it again and tried typing "h" after pressing the F10 macro and it always put "h" into the command line and never activated the help menu. But this is on Vista. I can't get it to fail at all.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:54 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Can anyone else confirm this problem. I just tested it again and tried typing "h" after pressing the F10 macro and it always put "h" into the command line and never activated the help menu. But this is on Vista. I can't get it to fail at all.

I see the same under WinXP: after pressing the F10 macro it always put "h" into the command line.

As a sidenote, I tried press F10 in my session which does not have F10 macro defined. After session was loaded I press F10, it takes away focus from the command line, but not highlight the File menu item. I dunno who got the keyboard focus...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 pm   

If you don't have any F10 macro defined, then F10 will focus the menu bar. It might not highlight the File menu until you press the F key, but I'm not sure. On my Vista system pressing F10 does highlight the File menu.

Maybe we are running into Vista/XP differences. I'll have to try this on my XP laptop and see what happens. I'm getting rather annoyed at all of these menu issues and don't know if it's issues with Windows itself, or issues with the DevExpress menu/toolbar system. I hate dealing with stuff like this when I'd rather be working on *my* code.
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm   

Zugg wrote:
If you don't have any F10 macro defined, then F10 will focus the menu bar.

Yes, F10 highlites the menu bar. All the times except first time. At first time pressing "f" or any other menu shortcut after F10 key results in Windows default "ding!" sound (no keyboard focus)

Personally I don't care about this as I'm not using F10 key, just want let you know about such CMUD behavior.
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm   

I'm running Vista.
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:07 am   

I also talked to somebody else on my MUD that runs Vista and had the same problem and when he checked 'Macros override menu shortcuts' it fixed it for him. It's as if that key does nothing for me. How else can I check that it's doing something and not just an issue with F10 in particular?
evdryst
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:48 am   

I just upgraded to 2.27 and it works.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: