Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jaerin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm   

Saving settings

Is there something I need to do to force CMUD to save my settings when I close out?

No less than the last 3 times I've closed out of CMUD has it not saved all the triggers and aliases that I have added during that session. It does sometimes because I do have some of my stuff, but I don't know if that is because I forced it to save it or what.

I want to really switch over to CMUD because I think it has good potential to replace Zmud, but having to recreate everything or even having to think about whether my settings are saved is a complete deal breaker for me.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:38 pm   

It should be doing it on its own - which version of CMUD are you using, and which version of windows? Which installation and data directories did you choose for CMUD? What exactly isn't being saved - is it just some things, or is it everything?

You can try to force a save with the #save command.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Jaerin
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:37 am   

CMUD 2.26...Windows XP SP2...I selected the location in My Documents.

Basically it appears like it isn't saving any of the aliases, triggers, or settings. It does save the map just fine but not the settings.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:46 am   

Make sure that your settings folder (where your package is) is not in Program Files.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:27 pm   

When you run CMUD, click on your session icon and then select the "Edit Session" action on the left. Then click on the Files/Packages tab and look at the name and location of your primary settings file. This is the file that CMUD will save your settings to. Make sure you have proper file permissions to write to this file. Make sure this file is *not* in your Program Files location. Make sure this file isn't set to ReadOnly on your computer.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 pm   

Actually, I found a bug in v2.26 that might have caused this problem with settings not saving. It was pretty serious, so I think that is what was happening in your session. It should be fixed for v2.27. Sorry for the trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: