Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Riendf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:59 pm   

zmud -> cmud migration problem

I tried for some time to figure out how the package system is supposed to work with no luck.
I code in java every day for my living for eight years and still don't grasp how you are supposed to have inherited setting of the good old zmud works in Cmud.
Here is my zmud settings, if someone could explain what I need to do to get the same result in CMud I woud be grateful since I did not find a single post or help explaining it clearly.

All my chars had the tree settings available used.
Inherited settings are where most of the buttons triggers etc are stored
In the global settings, all the aliases and some global variable any of the char logged can access
In their own very limited settings, nothing much but on the fly trigger or some very specific char stuff.

In Cmud when I import the char settings, it imports the specific char settings...where there is bascally nothing.
I thought , reading the help, that to get my buttons I just had to import the inherited package in the sessions.
Same with the global settings and its aliases.
I am doing somthing wrong cause I end up with 3 windows tab, and the main window has no access to the other settings.
So...I ask...how are you supposed to import global settings and inherited one and have all of them work in the same tab.

Or please point me to a help explaining clearly how you can import a package full of aliases and buttons in another one.
And have it works.
Riendf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 am   

Kind of solved my own problem:
I started blank in desperation, and created a new package.
I opened my old inherited settings, and did a copy paste in the new package.
I close the old zmud package.
Tada, it works like it should have in the first time.
Either you cannot import inherited settings directly or the method I used was wrong.
Now to find how to import export colors...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:16 pm   

Yes, you are correct that CMUD does not import any inherited settings from zMUD. That problem is on the to-do list for a future version. Glad you figured out how to import your inherited settings manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: