Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
vadol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:50 am   

Need char roller for Age of Chaos, zMud 6.16

I need a char roller for the Age Of Chaos mud. If possible i would like it to have an option for me to put in a equal to or greater than in every stat. The trig would fit soemthing like this.

Rolled: str [15(0)] int [13] wis [13] dex [19] con [11] cha
Do you want to keep these stats? [Y/N]

The "rolled" and stats portion are all on one line, while the "Do you want to keep" is on another. The total possible points should be variable also, but a total of 107 would be fine with a minimum total of 90. If this is asking too much, or you have trouble with it then that is ok. Please e-mail me at vadol@altaista.com with comments, questions, concerns, or final products.

Thank you
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:19 am   

quote:
Rolled: str [15(0)] int [13] wis [13] dex [19] con [11] cha

#var TotalStatPoints ""
#var Min ""
#var Max ""

#alias RollStats {@min = %1;@max = %2;#T+ Roller}

#Class Roller
#trigger {^Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]} {@TotalStatPoints = %eval(%1+%3+%4+%5+%6+%7)}
#trigger {^Do you want to keep these stats~? ~[Y/N~]} {#if ((@TotalStatPoints >= @min) and (@TotalStatPoints <= @max)) {Y;@TotalStatPoints = "";#T- Roller} {N}}
#Class 0

That's the quick and dirty. Not sure how the parenthetical number is supposed to be handled, so for now I didn't include it in the calculations. Also, I'm currently at school, so this obviously is untested

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
vadol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:04 am   

I do not know much as to the ways of coding, where do i put all of this? And the eight ball confude me too, but it goes just like the others do. "cha[%6]"
vadol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:06 am   

Also, if i want exact stats of 19 str, 18 int, 18 wis, 21 dex, 19con, and 12 cha. What do i put in? and what do i put in to just get a total stats of say 90?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:30 pm   

quote:

I do not know much as to the ways of coding, where do i put all of this? And the eight ball confude me too, but it goes just like the others do. "cha[%6]"

#alias Roll {#T+ Roller;@rollmode = %1;#case %ismember(%1,"range|stats") {@min = %2;@max = %3} {@stats.str = %2;@stats.int = %3;@stats.wis = %4;@stats.dex = %5;@stats.con = %6;@stats.cha = %7}}

#Class Roller
#var RollMode ""
#var TotalStatPoints ""
#var Min ""
#var Max ""
#var Stats ""
#trigger {^Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]} {#case %ismember(@RollMode,"range|stats") {@TotalStatPoints = %eval(%1+%3+%4+%5+%6+%7)} {#if (%1 = @stats.str) {#if (%3 = @stats.int) {#if (%4 = @stats.wis) {#if (%5 = @stats.dex) {#if (%6 = @stats.con) {#if (%7 = @stats.cha) {Y;#T- tRollStats} {N}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}}}
#trigger {^Do you want to keep these stats~? ~[Y/N~]} {#if ((@TotalStatPoints >= @min) and (@TotalStatPoints <= @max)) {Y;#unvar TotalStatPoints;#T- Roller} {N}}
#Class 0

I modified what I posted before, and it should now address all your concerns already put forth. To use it simply type 'roll range 90 107' (to specify a range within which a satisfactory roll may fall, first number is the minimum and the 2nd is the maximum--if you want to keep only a roll of 96 then use 96 in both slots) or 'roll stats 19 15 12 13 10 9' (to specify the exact stats you'd like to roll, each number corresponds to the stat at that position--ie, str = 19, int = 15, etc)

Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:00 pm   

Okay, I got it to work, but instead of rolling the stats I want, it just auto says yes... Any ideas?
Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:47 am   

The error Mesage I got is this

Rolled: str [15(0)] int [12] wis [18] dex [16] con [14] cha [15]
Do you want to keep these stats? [Y/N] n
Rolled: str [14(0)] int [11] wis [14] dex [12] con [12] cha [9]

#Class Roller
}
Y
Y
Variable TotalStatPoints removed.
Does your terminal support ANSI color? [Y/n]
ANSI enabled.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:33 am   

quote:

The error Mesage I got is this

Rolled: str [15(0)] int [12] wis [18] dex [16] con [14] cha [15]
Do you want to keep these stats? [Y/N] n
Rolled: str [14(0)] int [11] wis [14] dex [12] con [12] cha [9]

#Class Roller
}
Y
Y
Variable TotalStatPoints removed.
Does your terminal support ANSI color? [Y/n]
ANSI enabled.

#trigger {^Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]} {#case %ismember(@RollMode,"range|stats") {@TotalStatPoints = %eval(%1+%3+%4+%5+%6+%7)} {#if (%1 = @stats.str) {#if (%3 = @stats.int) {#if (%4 = @stats.wis) {#if (%5 = @stats.dex) {#if (%6 = @stats.con) {#if (%7 = @stats.cha) {Y;#T- Roller} {N}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}} {#noop}}}

tRollStats in the old trigger should be changed to Roller. I had started out with a two-trigger setup to capture the Rolled line, and I missed one of the changes. Might not fix the real problem, but it should get rid of that funky error.

Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:44 am   

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be possible to have it just type a n till the first line says a certin set? Like is it possible to set it to say "N" till the 1st line says "Rolled: str [16(0)] int [18] wis [20] dex [16] con [21] cha [16]"? Or is that not the way trigers work?
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:33 am   

Autorollers are not that complex. I have a reply to this post
http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3597&FORUM_ID=7&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Clueless&Forum_Title=zMUD+General+Discussion

and it explains how it is done. You dont need all that %ismember stuff.
Modifying it to fit your mud would be something like this:

#CLASS {Gateautoroller}
#ALIAS aron {#T+ autoroller;charstats=0;n}
#ALIAS aroff {#T- autoroller;charstats=0}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {Gateautoroller|Autoroller}
#TRIGGER {Do you want to keep these stats} {#IF @charstats {y;charstats=0} {n}}
#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[{@arstr}~(0~)~] int ~[{@arint}~] wis ~[{@arwis}~] dex ~[{@ardex}~] con ~[{@arcon}~] cha ~[{@archa}~]} {charstats=1}
#CLASS 0

Here is code for the variables:

#CLASS {Gateautoroller}
#VARIABLE arstr {15|16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arint {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arwis {18}
#VARIABLE ardex {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arcon {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE archa {16|17|18}
#CLASS 0

You can easily change the values you are aiming
to roll for by modifying the values of the variables.
You dont need any complicated stuff, unless you are aiming for a min/max thing,
but if you set the variables up correctly, you will end up getting better stats this way.

Caled
zMud 6.16
Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:20 pm   

This is very Helpful and we, Vadol and me, are almost there, but we are wondering when and where we put the stats and the total stats we want. Other then that I think we have it. And if at all possible, mybe test it as aoc.pandapub.com Port 4000.Thanks for all your help.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:20 am   

quote:

This is very Helpful and we, Vadol and me, are almost there, but we are wondering when and where we put the stats and the total stats we want. Other then that I think we have it. And if at all possible, mybe test it as aoc.pandapub.com Port 4000.Thanks for all your help.

Unfortunatly, my solution was designed for simplicity, it does not cater for min/max totals. But, the place you put the stats is in the variables.

#VAR arstr {15|16|17|18}
Means that the trigger will fire if the vaue in the strength box is 15, 16, 17, OR 18.
Similarly for the rest of the variables. I dont believe you need to have max/min totals incorporated because the max/min totals are actually defined by the numbers you enter into the variable. For example:

#VARIABLE arstr {15|16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arint {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arwis {18}
#VARIABLE ardex {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE arcon {16|17|18}
#VARIABLE archa {16|17|18}

In this example, the minimum is:
15+16+18+16+16+16
= 97
And the maximum:
18+18+18+18+18+18
= 108

Naturally, you will have to modify the values of the variables yourself, as in your mud the highest stats are actually above 18. I just selected the numbers at random.

The bonus to doing it this way, is that you can be aiming for a total of (for example) 170, but you can set it so that it is more fussy about how strong you are, and less fussy about how intelligent you are.

Caled
zMud 6.16
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:24 am   

Okay, I went and tested it on your mud. Made a few modifications to it.

#CLASS {Gateautoroller}
#AL aron {#t+ autoroller;n}
#al aroff {#t- autoroller}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {Gateautoroller|Autoroller}
#TRIGGER {Do you want to keep these stats~?%s~[Y/N~]} {#SUBSTITUTE {Do you want to keep these stats?%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr%cr};n}
#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[{@arstr}~(0~)~] int ~[{@arint}~] wis ~[{@arwis}~] dex ~[{@ardex}~] con ~[{@arcon}~] cha ~[{@archa}~]} {#CO 12;y}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {Gateautoroller}
#VARIABLE arstr {12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#VARIABLE arint {17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#VARIABLE arwis {17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#VARIABLE ardex {15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#VARIABLE arcon {14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#VARIABLE archa {13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25}
#CLASS 0

I tried it with values of 11 and higher for all stats,
and it fired and created the character that way it should.
I ran it with the values above for 10 minutes and it did not fire once.
The values above have a minimum total of 88, so good luck with actually getting the stats you want...

Caled
zMud 6.16
vadol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:41 am   

I have gotten this to work, at least the no part. My Mud doesn't feel inclined to give e the stats i wishyet, and am still rolling, 1.5 hours and counting. Thank you for all of the help, however, the only way that I have found to change the Stat variables once i have put them in was to come back here and recopy the variables and change them in the command line before pressing enter. If youcould tell me where in zMud i should go to change them I would be even more grateful than I am already.
Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:43 am   

You are my god. ::Bows:: Thank you soooo much, now I let computer sleep and hope I get teh stats by tommarow after school. Thanks man, HUGE help.
Tran
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:45 am   

Vadol, not to hard, meet me in the morning and I will show you how to change it.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:51 am   

quote:

I have gotten this to work, at least the no part. My Mud doesn't feel inclined to give e the stats i wishyet, and am still rolling, 1.5 hours and counting. Thank you for all of the help, however, the only way that I have found to change the Stat variables once i have put them in was to come back here and recopy the variables and change them in the command line before pressing enter. If youcould tell me where in zMud i should go to change them I would be even more grateful than I am already.

Certainly. The variables were created in the folder "Gateautoroller" (the gate bit is cos it was originally for dragons gate mud and I was too lazy to change it). So open up the settings editor, click on that class folder. Go to the top of the settings screen, and choose to view "variables".

You will see the 6 "ar" variables there. Click on the one you wish to modify. You will see a vertical list of all the values.

Just above the list are four "tab" options "script, text,string list, data record". Click on either script or text, and change it to how you wish it.

NOTE: Try changing them to lower values, and check to make sure it will actually get the "yes" bit right (do it with a different character name obviously). Just to make sure. I did test it myself, but something may have gone wrong, you never know.

Caled
zMud 6.16
lvlorph
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 1:02 am   

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to triggers, classes, etc... and thus, I haven't figured out where to put all the coding. I was given another autoroller for AOC that was simply a trigger, but for some reason it will not autoexecute. If I could to execute, it will go ahead and enter an N, but otherwise, it doesn't respond.

The pattern I have is:
Rolled: str [(%d)((%d))] int [(%d)] wis [(%d)] dex [(%d)] con [(%d)] cha [(%d)]

with the following value:
#IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<16)or(%7<1) {N} {Y} {y}

The class thing seems pretty complex, but really, I just want to figure out how to get an autoroller working regardless of what it looks like. =) Any help would be appreciated.
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:05 pm   

With those OR statements in your #IF command it looks like you're aiming for really high stats, you might want to lower those to get a successful roll. Also, you'll need a tilde (~) before a [ to have your pattern recognized.

Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]

If you're having trouble getting it in in the first place, just copy & paste the following in the command line and hit enter.

#TRIGGER {Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]} {#IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<16)or(%7<1) {N} {Y}}

Acaila
lvlorph
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:10 pm   

Thank you.
lvlorph
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 6:11 pm   

Thank you.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:16 pm   

quote:
...but for some reason it will not autoexecute. If I could to execute, it will go ahead and enter an N, but otherwise, it doesn't respond.

You probably need to change your trigger from "trigger on newline" to "trigger on prompt". This is done in the "Options" tab in the trigger editor.

LightBulb
lvlorph
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:38 pm   

Alright. It's rolling now, and though I've had no luck yet, I assume it's because the stats are somewhat high. At the moment (to double-check), I have the following set as my trigger pattern:
Rolled: str ~[(%d)~((%d)~)~] int ~[(%d)~] wis ~[(%d)~] dex ~[(%d)~] con ~[(%d)~] cha ~[(%d)~]
with this as my trigger value:
#IF (%1<16)or(%2<0)or(%3<16)or(%4<16)or(%5<16)or(%6<15)or(%7<1) {N} {Y}
The coding is sound, right? It's just a matter of time/luck now?

Again, thanks for all your help guys.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:56 pm   

Try it with a practice character, and set lower stats to aim for. If it fires, you know it is working, it it doesnt, you know it does not work. The problem could well be the trigger pattern itself.

Caled
Greyhewn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:13 am   

I'm sorry i'm looking at all these long annoying scripts this may be an old post and i'm replying a little late but wouldn't:

PATTERN: Rolled: str ~[(*)~((*)~)~] int ~[(*)~] wis ~[(*)~] dex ~[(*)~] con ~[(*)~] cha ~[(*)~]

COMMAND: #IF (%1<18)or(%2<90)or(%3<18)or(%4<18)or(%5<18)or(%6<18)or(%7<18){N} {Y}

"Damnit i lost another con!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: