Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
makena
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 pm   

[2.25] Copy and paste in the settings editor

There seems to be something wonky about copying and pasting settings within the settings editor.
I will post a way to reproduce this, but has anyone else noticed strangeness?
My troubles seem to arise when using ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v instead of the right click menus..
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:43 am   

It seems that sometimes the Editor will confuse ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v with the native (DOS) control characters and will paste these into the data window instead of executing the conventional commands. This was also true for the previous CMUD versions that I've used, 1.34 and 2.18.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:28 pm   

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce either of these issues at all.

Makena: On your original post, it matters exactly what field in the editor has the keyboard focus. If the Tree View has the focus, then Ctrl-C/V will copy/paste the selected setting in the tree. If an edit field has the focus, then Ctrl-C/V will copy/paste the selected text in the edit field. If there is a problem, I'll need an exact procedure for reproducing it.

Anaristos: I have *never* seen that happen, nor has anyone else reported it, so I'll need a procedure for this in order to reproduce it. Given the way the Scintilla editor works, I can't imagine any way for control characters to get inserted into the text like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: