Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:23 pm   

CMUD and CMUD Pro v2.24 PUBLIC version released!

Finally, I have released the 2.24 PUBLIC version of CMUD. Please see the Version History for a list of all of the bug fixes in this version.

I am releasing this version to Beta testers first. I'll release it to the rest of the public in the main forums tomorrow (Thursday) pending any emergency repairs.

At this point, please only report critical problems that need an emergency fix. We are packing for our trip to Albuquerque tomorrow, so I won't have a lot of time to work. But if there is some new critical problem in this new version that needs to be fixed, let me know (in a NEW POST!).

PLEASE also let me know if your favorite bug is really fixed or not. I tried to fix as many bugs and I could and I hope I was able to successfully fix them. If your bug still isn't fixed, I probably won't do an emergency fix for it, but I'd still like to know if it's fixed or not.

The previous 2.23 version was pretty good, so I'm hoping 2.24 is even better. If this is finally a good and stable version of CMUD, I'm going to rely on everyone here in the Beta forum to tell their friends that CMUD is finally stable and start spreading the word. We've got to quell all of those rumors from people using past versions of CMUD that are giving it a bad name. Hopefully this 2.24 version will be worthy of your support.

Thanks to everyone for all of there hard work in helping to beta test CMUD v2.2x. Especially to Vijilante, who put in a *lot* of hard work getting the PCRE (regular expression library) working so well and making the %subregex function so fast and powerful.

Happy Mudding!

Last edited by Zugg on Thu May 08, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:12 am   

The one with expression trigs and the variable not changing first time around is fixed Very Happy
(There is a separate thread for this already, but the bug with styles is worthy of an emergency fix.)
Everything else looks good so far.. I just wish I could change the font in the main window >.>
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:32 am   

If you downloaded v2.24 before this post was made, please download it again. I applied a quick fix to to the Styles preferences. The version number has not been changed since this was a typo isolated to the first 2.24 version. Sorry for the trouble and confusion.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm   

This likely isn't a bug with Cmud itself which is the only reason I'm posting it here:

[2.23] Cmud Pro still thinks the latest public version is 2.18 when I tell it to update from the help menu.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:18 pm   

Yes, that is always true until I release the new version in the Public forums. So this is normal.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm   

Sorry, I browse the forums by the 'new posts since last visit' page and don't actually hit the individual forums. I saw 'Public' and presumed instead of looking at which forum it was posted in. Sorry about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: