Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zuser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 pm   

Seperating zMUD

I was wondering if it is possible in any way (such as a stand-alone program, or a program that doesn't have to do with zMUD at all) whether it is possible to seperate my zMUD. By this I mean, instead of opening multible tabs when I play multiple games and such, I can simply open 2 different zMUD screens, as it is easier for me. Thank you
illyism
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:22 pm   

I'm not sure what you exactly mean, but try looking at layout-quick tiling-none

or #menu {layout|quick tiling|none}
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:30 pm   

You should be able to just run zmud.exe again to get another instance of the program, but you need to be careful when doing that because whichever one closes last will be the one whose changes are saved.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:00 pm   

I'm pretty sure ZMUD is a singleton COM server so only 1 instance running on a machine at any given time.
zuser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 pm   

Yeah, Dharkael is right.
If you click zmud.exe again, it will simply give you the same screen as of the one you are already running. This is my question, mainly. Is there a program that will let me open 2 Different zMUDs at the same time?
For instance, in MSN Messenger, this problem is solvable by downloading a 'MSN Polygamy' program. I searched for a bit but couldn't find anyone for normal programs. So, in case anyone of you knows, again thanks alot
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 pm   

Quote:

Is there a program that will let me open 2 Different zMUDs at the same time?

As luck would have it, there is such a program. You can download it here at www.newegg.com.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:12 pm   

MattLofton,
you didn't say the name of the program to look for,
and why would newegg be hosting files for download,
they are a hardware sales site.

Are you some type of forum spammer?
Progonoi
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 pm   

I think you didn't catch the subtle irony Matt was making Laughing

I'm pretty sure Matt meant that there ain't a way other than buying an additional PC.

Prog

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
Leyline
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:46 pm   

Oh well seing as there ARE programs that allow you to run virtual instances of applications,
the worest way would be to use virtual pc, but it's possible, of course I did not.

I think zuser was asking for something like eqWindows (a program that would allow you to run everquest in multiple windows creating a seperate instance for each)

But I think running zmud as seperate instances will draw features away, such as being able to have control from any connectect character from the same command line, without triggers.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 pm   

Yes, Leyline, you are correct. You would lose that functionality. Besides, most times when playing a multi-play MUD (mine allows 3 chars on at once) I don't even look at my other windows. All important information is captured and displayed in some appropriate way, and every single window can be controlled from the other windows. So I can watch any window I wish and control them all with 36 Macros... all 12 F-Keys solo, plus all 12 combined with ctrl, alt, and shift respectively. I could get more complicated and do ctrl+shift+F1-12 and etc, but why? I haven't even used all 36 yet, though I've gotten close :D

Anyways, the point is, you lose so much functionality as to no longer be practical for most things. And alt-tabbing back and forth between windows is just annoying as can be. Its much nice to watch one, and have your hp/ma/mv and other vital stats on the status bar or in a status window as gauges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: