Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 pm   

Bug with color

Here it is, I have no problems when the trigger is off. Why does the color suddenly not show up?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:43 pm   

Ah, OK, so you are saying that the DEVASTATES is colored red BEFORE the trigger acts on it and the following lines should also be colored where it says, "DISMEMBERS, MANGLES etc"?

I'm going to go find the other thread and edit this post with a link to it momentarily.

Perhaps after looking at it I'll have an idea as to what is causing this.
If I cannot find what is causing it though we are going to need to look at the final result of that other thread. IE the trigger that you eventually settled on.

Edit: Here is the promised link. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30401&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:56 pm   

Logically speaking I would say it is probably a bug with sayadd.

There will be at least one bug fix in the next public release dealing with colors. This may already be fixed in the version Zugg is playing with, one can only hope, or he may yet find this and fix it because you mentioned it here.
This release could be anywhere from a week to a month from now if things stay on schedule as I understand it.

Vij said he would try to reproduce this bug in the other thread I'd give him time to try to do so, Zugg needs to know a little more than is shown in the picture usually to repair this type of thing.

Thank you for creating a NEW thread for this as the other one was very messy and confusing!

There are likely ways to work around this bug but I wouldn't even suggest trying.
It is bad practice in my opinion to teach you how to use things when they are broken when you don't yet know how to
use them when they are working correctly!

#sayadd is a relatively new feature and you are the first person to notice this so far as I can tell.
We may need to ask you to do a few things while trying to figure out how to reproduce it so that Zugg can fix it.
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:47 pm   

Arminas wrote:
Ah, OK, so you are saying that the DEVASTATES is colored red BEFORE the trigger acts on it and the following lines should also be colored where it says, "DISMEMBERS, MANGLES etc"?

At the very least, there is something suspicious going on. Notice that, in the top section, the first line has "DEMOLISHES" colored red. Two lines below that is an identical line with "DEMOLISHES" uncolored.

My suggestion would be to log two combat sequences using #DEBUGFILE - one with your trigger on, and one with it off. And get a screencap of both, showing how the colors appear. That ought to make it possible to create a reproduceable test case.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:02 pm   

I suppose I could do that, though I can tell you right now that that's what happens and I don't know what specifically seeing it would tell you. All of the patterns follow the same script which is what I think is the key aspect here.

Also...
Code:

#regex Damage_Convert {^Your (acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESSCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to)?(?: a|the|A|The)? (.+)[!\.]$}
{ $Dmg_Val=%2
$Dmg=" "
#switch ($Dmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$Dmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$Dmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$Dmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$Dmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$Dmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$Dmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$Dmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$Dmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$Dmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$Dmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$Dmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$Dmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$Dmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$Dmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$Dmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$Dmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$Dmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$Dmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$Dmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$Dmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$Dmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$Dmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$Dmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$Dmg=238}
  ("INDESSCRIBABLE") {$Dmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$Dmg=280}

#switch ($Dmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC> ~(<color @Pcolor1>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 34.5) AND ($Dmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor1> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 54.5) AND ($Dmg <= 136)) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor3> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg >= 163) AND ($Dmg <= 280)) {#sayadd {%ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC> ~(<color @Pcolor3>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

} {General Triggers|Damage Calculator}

Does this...
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 pm   

The thing is that the mud is sending invisible text that causes the coloring.

Different combinations of that invisible text and the invisible text that Zugg is using to make the text colored with the #color command can sometimes cause things to display improperly.

The odds are that you are correct and it will not be needed. JQuilici is just anticipating one of Zuggs usual requests when he is trying to fix something like this.
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:20 pm   

There are two reasons that I want the #DEBUGFILE output:
  1. To see if there is anything obvious in the set of ansi and/or MXP color info coming from the MUD that might contribute to this problem. For instance, it appears that the MUD is relying on colors bleeding across some of the lines, from the screenshot above.
  2. To see if I can build a test case that exhibits this bug using only #SHOW - without having to connect to your MUD. If I have ALL of the data from the MUD, including the non-printing characters, it may be possible to do so.

If I have the #DEBUGFILE output from a working case and a broken case, I can probably do both of those things. (So could Zugg...which is why he'd ask you for the same information.)
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm   

I don't know how to set up a debugfile. Kindly tell me how?
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:34 pm   

Many apologies. The proper syntax is:
Code:
#DEBUGFILE "C:\temp\cmud_raw.txt" "C:\temp\cmud_debug.txt" // start capturing raw and debug i/o
// Do some things
#DEBUGFILE // stop capturing i/o

Use whatever pathnames make you happy, of course. The debug.txt file will get a human-readable version of all traffic to and from the MUD, and the raw.txt file will get the exact actual characters sent. Usually the debug.txt file is the more useful of the two (to me, anyway) and can be posted directly into a code tag in this thread.

Here's an example from my MUD, showing a simple look at the room around me:
Code:
out (    3) 04/25/08 13:27:24:920 : l<CR><LF>
in* (   68) 04/25/08 13:27:25:261 : <ESC>[1;37;40m<ESC>[1z<rname><ESC>[2zThe Nevrast Inn<ESC>[1z</rname><ESC>[2z<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
in* (  835) 04/25/08 13:27:25:491 : <ESC>[0;37;40m   You are standing in the Nevrast Inn.  Well-worn leather chairs are set to<LF><CR>
your right and left.  The exit leads south to Nevrast Lane.  There is a small<LF><CR>
sign on the counter.<LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;37;40m<ESC>[1;37;40m<ESC>[1z<rexit>Exits: <ESC>[1z<ex><ESC>[2zsouth<ESC>[1z</ex><ESC>[2z<ESC>[1z</rexit><ESC>[2z<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;36;40mJaspar Ramanujan is resting here. (Invisible) (White Aura)<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;37;40mJaspar Ramanujan glows with a bright light!<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;37;40mJaspar Ramanujan is surrounded by a fiery aura!<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;36;40mTinker the Sprite Grand Sorcerer/Grandmaster Orator is standing here. (White Aura)<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;37;40mTinker glows with a bright light!<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR>
<ESC>[1;36;40mA petite receptionist is here, expertly filing papers. (White Aura)<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR><LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;36;40m<965/965:302/302:671/671:14696194:GhLORTXHSY:none:none:none:none><LF>
<ESC>[0;37;40m
in* (    2) 04/25/08 13:27:27:524 : <LF><CR>
in* (  143) 04/25/08 13:27:27:694 : <ESC>[0;37;40mJaspar Ramanujan grins at Tinker.<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR><LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;36;40m<965/965:302/302:671/671:14696194:GhLORTXHSY:none:none:none:none><LF>
<ESC>[0;37;40m
in* (    2) 04/25/08 13:27:30:108 : <LF><CR>
in* (  117) 04/25/08 13:27:30:398 : Tinker's eyes glow magenta.<LF><CR><LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;37;40m
in* (  144) 04/25/08 13:27:30:939 : <LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;37;40mTinker utters the words, "bless"<ESC>[0;37;40m<LF><CR><LF><CR>
<ESC>[0;37;40m

Note that there are a LOT of ansi codes and a few MXP tags flying around...none of which appear on my CMUD window (but the colors do).
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:04 pm   

The raw file is useful mostly because Zugg has a program that'll feed that data into CMUD, so he can attempt to reproduce the circumstances that caused the bug, if it's an escape-code related issue. The readable file is useful for deciding whether or not it's worth doing that (because bad codes are normally pretty obvious) and for packet-boundary related bugs (like the recent suboption-related packet bug).

You just can't paste the raw file to the forums, because it'll eat the tags.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:50 am   

Again, the problem is you aren't using the MXP tags correctly and you did not close the first opening tag in any of your sayadds, which is why the next line is that color.

<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor3> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>

You have the first tag "<color #CCCCCC>" this will change whatever comes after that to gray. Then you change the color again immediately after that to "<color @Pcolor3>" and then you close Pcolor3 with "</color>". Then you change the color again to "<color #CCCCCC>" and close it with "</color>". However, you still have the first "<color #CCCCCC>" that was never closed. Changing the colors like that makes no sense.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:31 am   

I fixed it.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:33 am   

Here's the debug stuff, 1 is with the trigger, 2 is without

http://www.savefile.com/files/1523899
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:21 am   

You don't even need that. You changed the sayadd and didn't show anyone that, which is why they thought it was the MUD and wanted to see the debug file. The problem was your changing the of the color tags and not closing them.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:13 pm   

I closed them and it's still happening.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:27 am   

I don't see how. Post what you have now.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:04 pm   

I'll get another debug thing later.

Code:

#regex Damage_Convert {^Your (roundhouse|acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to)?(?: a|the|A|The)? (.+)[!\.]$}
{ $Dmg_Val=%2
$Dmg=" "
#switch ($Dmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$Dmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$Dmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$Dmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$Dmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$Dmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$Dmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$Dmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$Dmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$Dmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$Dmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$Dmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$Dmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$Dmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$Dmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$Dmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$Dmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$Dmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$Dmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$Dmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$Dmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$Dmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$Dmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$Dmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$Dmg=238}
  ("INDESCRIBABLE") {$Dmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$Dmg=280}

#switch ($Dmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor1>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 34.5) AND ($Dmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor2>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 54.5) AND ($Dmg <= 136)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg >= 163) AND ($Dmg <= 280)) {#sayadd { %ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

#regex PeDamage_Convert {^(?:A|The|a|the|An)? .* (roundhouse|shock|acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to)?(?: a|the|A|The)? (.+)[!\.]}
{
$PeDmg_Val=%2
$PeDmg=" "
#switch ($PeDmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$PeDmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$PeDmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$PeDmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$PeDmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$PeDmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$PeDmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$PeDmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$PeDmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$PeDmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$PeDmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$PeDmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$PeDmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$PeDmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$PeDmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$PeDmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$PeDmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$PeDmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$PeDmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$PeDmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$PeDmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$PeDmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$PeDmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$PeDmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$PeDmg=238}
  ("INDESCRIBABLE") {$PeDmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$PeDmg=280}

#switch ($PeDmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor1>$PeDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($PeDmg > 34.5) AND ($PeDmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor2>$PeDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($PeDmg > 54.5) AND ($PeDmg <= 136)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$PeDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($PeDmg >= 163) AND ($PeDmg <= 280)) {#sayadd { %ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$PeDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

#regex OPDamage_Convert {^(?!Your)(?:[\w']+) (roundhouse|acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to)?(?: a|the|A|The)? (?!you)(.+)[!.]}
{
$OPDmg_Val=%2
$OPDmg=" "
#switch ($OPDmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$OPDmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$OPDmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$OPDmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$OPDmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$OPDmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$OPDmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$OPDmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$OPDmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$OPDmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$OPDmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$OPDmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$OPDmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$OPDmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$OPDmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$OPDmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$OPDmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$OPDmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$OPDmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$OPDmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$OPDmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$OPDmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$OPDmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$OPDmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$OPDmg=238}
  ("INDESCRIBABLE") {$OPDmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$OPDmg=280}

#switch ($OPDmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor1>$OPDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($OPDmg > 34.5) AND ($OPDmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor2>$OPDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($OPDmg > 54.5) AND ($OPDmg <= 136)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$OPDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($OPDmg >= 163) AND ($OPDmg <= 280)) {#sayadd { %ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$OPDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

#regex EDamage_Convert {(?:A|The)? .* (roundhouse|divine power|acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to) you[!\.]$}
{ $EDmg_Val=%2
$EDmg=" "
#switch ($EDmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$EDmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$EDmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$EDmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$EDmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$EDmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$EDmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$EDmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$EDmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$EDmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$EDmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$EDmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$EDmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$EDmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$EDmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$EDmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$EDmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$EDmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$EDmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$EDmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$EDmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$EDmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$EDmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$EDmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$EDmg=238}
  ("INDESCRIBABLE") {$EDmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$EDmg=280}

#switch ($EDmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd {  <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor1>$EDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($EDmg > 34.5) AND ($EDmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor2>$EDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($EDmg > 54.5) AND ($EDmg <= 136)) {#sayadd { <color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$EDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($EDmg >= 163) AND ($EDmg <= 280)) {#sayadd { %ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC>~(</color><color @Pcolor3>$EDmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:22 pm   

Here's the new debug file:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1527250
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:43 pm   

Is it not satisfactory? I did it all in one, but I clearly labeled through a couple of methods were it changes over. I sent a group tell and then used the #say command to say it was switching.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:39 pm   

Give him time, he'll get round to looking at it.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 pm   

BUT I DEMAND ATTENTION NOW! (j/k)

Yeah... I think I'm going to move on to the string list part of it today. Another step forward!
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:10 am   

I've noticed more color problems that don't look like they stem from the MUD. However, it's hard to catch them since the other ones seem random. I haven't tried to run it with all my triggers off either. But I'm thinking it could be an issue with triggers using color in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: