Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
chamenas Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 am
replacing lines of text before they show...
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:19 pm   

Adding the arrow to the screen shot definitely helped me understand what you were saying the problem with the color is. Without specific low level data from the mud I really have no way of guessing why that color is not there. The mud should be sending the color codes. I will try to replicate it in the current beta when I have a chance.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 pm   

Wow wtf like quite a few people have said HOW to put the attacks types in a stringlist or db. I even posted what the trigger would look like, so did gamma_ray, and so did Arminas I think.

I think why you confuse everyone is you start talking about one thing, then go off on a tangent to something else. If you are talking about color bleeding or not showing up, obviously everyone is thinking you are talking about the triggers that are being discussed for the last 50 pages. I'm totally confused how you went from talking about coloring damage amounts in your trigger to all these other subjects to the actual MUD output colors. Laughing
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am   

The colors that are not showing up are due to these triggers. IF it was an issue with the MUD, then I would bring it up with the MUD but nothing has changed in the MUD, the only that has changed is the inclusion of these triggers. I see no posts on the forums of the MUD I play about odd color issues, the issues are due to these triggers and that is why it was brought up in this thread. I talk about a lot of issues I have at once, yes, as opposed to just bringing them up issue after issue.

As far as the stringlist, if you posted it up while I was still figuring out how to get the trigger to work, how did you expect me to notice? Do you give a two-year old roller blades? I admit I'm a "two-year old" at this stuff. But I refuse to just take triggers and use them, I want to understand how they work and do them myself. So if you gave that then, I wouldn't have noticed. If you gave it after I asked, then yes, I've been looking at that, and, if you haven't noticed, no further questions have been asked about it because I haven't had a chance to try it.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 am   

Quote:
The colors that are not showing up are due to these triggers. IF it was an issue with the MUD, then I would bring it up with the MUD

I don't think Vij was having a pop at the mud, he was just saying that he would need to see exactly what text was being sent to try and understand why there may be a problem.
It may well be that it's a bug with CMUD, but it's impossible to guess at what's causing it without seeing, well, what's causing it...
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:04 am   

It was in response to Oldguy, who made it seem like, in his post, that my talking about the color issue from the MUD was unrelated to this topic.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:18 am   

Um because it was a different subject. The whole context of your questions have been the #SAYADD coloring. Then you switched over to something being colored in the middle of the trigger line received FROM the MUD, which is why everyone got confused.

Did you disable the triggers you made and see if those colors change? I don't see how #sayadd would cause the colors in the line sent from the MUD to change, but like Guinn said it could be a bug.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:31 pm   

More evidence, made with the latest code I used.

Code:

#regex Damage_Convert {^Your (acidic bite|beating|bite|blast|charge|chill|chop|claw|cleave|crush|divine|drain|flame|flaming bite|freezing bite|grep|magic|peck|pierce|pound|punch|scratch|shocking bite|shock|slap|slash|slice|slime|smash|stab|sting|suction|thrust|thwack|whip|wrath|polevault kick|kick|flamestrike|spell|flame)(?: does)? (misses|maims|scratches|grazes|hits|injures|wounds|mauls|decimates|devastates|maims|MUTILATES|DISEMBOWELS|DISMEMBERS|MASSACRES|MANGLES|\*\*\* DEMOLISHES \*\*\*|\*\*\* DEVASTATES \*\*\*|=== OBLITERATES ===|>>> ANNIHILATES <<<|<<< ERADICATES >>>|GHASTLY|HORRID|DREADFUL|HIDEOUS|INDESSCRIBABLE|UNSPEAKABLE)(?: things to)?(?: a|the|A|The)? (.+)[!\.]$}
{ $Dmg_Val=%2
$Dmg=" "
#switch ($Dmg_Val)
  ("misses") {$Dmg=0}
  ("scratches") {$Dmg=2.5}
  ("grazes") {$Dmg=6.5}
  ("hits") {$Dmg=10.5}
  ("injures") {$Dmg=14.5}
  ("wounds") {$Dmg=18.5}
  ("mauls") {$Dmg=22.5}
  ("decimates") {$Dmg=26.5}
  ("devastates") {$Dmg=30.5}
  ("maims") {$Dmg=34.5}
  ("MUTILATES") {$Dmg=38.5}
  ("DISEMBOWELS") {$Dmg=42.5}
  ("DISMEMBERS") {$Dmg=46.5}
  ("MASSACRES") {$Dmg=50.5}
  ("MANGLES") {$Dmg=54.5}
  ("*** DEMOLISHES ***") {$Dmg=58.5}
  ("*** DEVASTATES ***") {$Dmg=68}
  ("=== OBLITERATES ===") {$Dmg=88}
  (">>> ANNIHILATES <<<") {$Dmg= 112}
  ("<<< ERADICATES >>>") {$Dmg=136}
  ("GHASTLY") {$Dmg=163}
  ("HORRID") {$Dmg=188}
  ("DREADFUL") {$Dmg=228}
  ("HIDEOUS") {$Dmg=238}
  ("INDESSCRIBABLE") {$Dmg=263}
  ("UNSPEAKABLE") {$Dmg=280}

#switch ($Dmg <= 34.5) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC> ~(<color @Pcolor1>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 34.5) AND ($Dmg <= 54.5)) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor1> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg > 54.5) AND ($Dmg <= 136)) {#sayadd {<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor3> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}}
     (($Dmg >= 163) AND ($Dmg <= 280)) {#sayadd {%ansi(blink)<color #CCCCCC> ~(<color @Pcolor3>$Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>%ansi(none)}}

} {General Triggers|Damage Calculator}

They're all like this, just different local variables.
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:49 pm   

The MUD appears to be relying on colors bleeding from one line to another. It's hard to see in your screenie, but it looks like the combat messages are in bright white. However, after your trigger fires (and leaves the line on the default color at the end, using </color> and/or %ansi(none)), the messages stay in grey until the next time the mud changes the color for a damage message. If you would capture some raw input from the MUD using #DEBUGFILE, we could confirm that conjecture.

Other than that...it looks like all the damage strings are colored (dark green), as well as all your numbers. Isn't that the expected behavior? I thought the problem before was that some of those damage strings were inexplicably shown in the default color, but I don't see any like that in your screenshot.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:54 pm   

I actually managed to fix it myself. However, the problem mentioned in the bug thread about the MUD colors not showing sometimes still holds true.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 am   

The problem is this...

Code:
<color #CCCCCC><color @Pcolor3> ~($Dmg</color><color #CCCCCC>~) dmg </color>}

You have an opening tag, opening tag, closing tag, opening tag, closing tag. You are missing a closing tag for #CCCCCC which is the exact color you say is bleeding.

By the way, I don't know how you managed to fix it because you aren't using the tags right in the first place. You didn't close any of the first opening tags in any of your #sayadds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: