Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:15 pm   

zForms and plugins

Zugg,

I'm in the middle of implementing remote administration capabilities for a MUD codebase that I'm working with right now. I reused the socket code in the MUD to implement this. Most of the current RPC libraries implement everything over HTTP; XML-RPC, SOAP, JSON-RPC. I managed to get JSON-RPC to talk over a raw socket, since I didn't want to encumber the MUD with extra stuff like a mini-webserver.

While thinking about the actual MUD admin console, I thought that CMUD and zForms would be a perfect platform for this. The only concern I have is that I would need a plugin to handle the packets. IIRC, the last time I was doing plugins in zMUD, it send text line-by line. I imagine that I could get around this by watching for the begin and end markers on the incoming packets, since it's just all text.

Anyways, the point of this post is to let you know that I have an interesting test case for when you start implementing zForms from zApp and plugins. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: