Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Meylot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:29 pm   

vars and funcs eat spaces in params

Like in subject: When i give a string as parameter to the variable or function it eats all spaces. My case below:
Code:

#FO @druzyna_m {
  #SH {@odmien_b(%i)}
  }

in @druzyna_m i've got for egzample "big gray wolf|thick thin man"
and odmien_b is my variable or function that returns each word changed with polish grammar

As I noticed odmien_b receives the string without spaces eg "biggraywolf" and "thickthinman".
Why is it like that and how to force receiving spaces?
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:48 am   

I would like to see what's going on in your odmien_b function.
Using CMUD 2.18

And putting in this code
Code:
#var druzyna_m "big gray wolf|thick thin man"
#FUNC odmien_b {%numparam():%param(1)}
#FO @druzyna_m {
#SH {@odmien_b(%i)}
}

I got this back:
Code:
1:big gray wolf
1:thick thin man

Spaces have been preserved
Maybe if you show us what's going on in the odmien_b function we can figure out why your whitespaces are being consumed.
JohnEnnion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:46 am   

Code:
#ALARM +1 {#T- elixlist;#LOOPDB @elixlist {#SA %switch(%val < 40, %ansi(bold,red)You have %val %key sips remaining., %val > 40, %ansi(bold,green)You have %val %key sips remaining.)}}

Produces

Code:
Youhave111manasipsremaining.
Youhave16speedsipsremaining.
Youhave576healthsipsremaining.
Youhave108levitationsipsremaining.
Youhave204mendingsipsremaining.
Youhave72epidermalsipsremaining.
Youhave28immunitysipsremaining.
Youhave69restorationsipsremaining.
Youhave34caloricsipsremaining.

I'm a little baffled myself. Doesn't seem to be a problem until the %switch and %ansi come in.

Not sure if this is related to OP.
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:22 am   

Try this
Code:
#ALARM +1 {#T- elixlist;#LOOPDB @elixlist {#SA %switch(%val < 40,%concat(%ansi(bold,red),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining."), %val > 40,%concat(%ansi(bold,green),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining."))}}
JohnEnnion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:14 am   

Dharkael wrote:
Try this
Code:
#ALARM +1 {#T- elixlist;#LOOPDB @elixlist {#SA %switch(%val < 40,%concat(%ansi(bold,red),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining."), %val > 40,%concat(%ansi(bold,green),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining."))}}

Thank you so much, and now I know the proper use for that function, sorry for sticking this in what was most likely an unrelated thread.
Meylot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:01 pm   

Dharkael
Thanks for response, Your code realy worked fine, so it must be my mistake. I was using the other way to receive parameters (not %param(1) like you). I made each setting from zero and everything works now properly. I just have to read more about functions ;).

Sorry for trouble and thanks for Your help. :)
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:45 pm   

Your script won't work properly if a vial contains exactly 40 sips, since you're using < and >. But since you only want it to use two colours (one for less than 40, one for everything else) you can use %if instead. And also, why repeat yourself?

#ALARM +1 {#T- elixlist;#LOOPDB @elixlist {#SA %concat(%if(%val < 40,%ansi(bold,red),%ansi(bold,green)),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining.")}}

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
JohnEnnion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:30 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Your script won't work properly if a vial contains exactly 40 sips, since you're using < and >. But since you only want it to use two colours (one for less than 40, one for everything else) you can use %if instead. And also, why repeat yourself?

#ALARM +1 {#T- elixlist;#LOOPDB @elixlist {#SA %concat(%if(%val < 40,%ansi(bold,red),%ansi(bold,green)),"You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining.")}}

Because I'm still getting the hang of writing scripts, thank you so much for the additional input :>
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:09 pm   

Any time that you want CMUD to keep spaces in strings, you must enclose each string with " ". That's why your code wasn't working, and that's why it was changed to "You have ",%val," ",%key," sips remaining."

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: