Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JohnEnnion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:03 am   

Deleting Packages off the Package Library

While playing around with CMUD I unintentionally uploaded a blank package onto the package library that was intended to contain a useful script. I can't seem to get the option to delete it even when logged in as the account that uploaded it. CMUD continues to act like I can only comment on the package or install it. I have this problem both on the main list and in detailed package view. Is there something I can do about this besides putting a don't download comment?
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:27 am   Re: Deleting Packages off the Package Library

JohnEnnion wrote:
While playing around with CMUD I unintentionally uploaded a blank package onto the package library that was intended to contain a useful script. I can't seem to get the option to delete it even when logged in as the account that uploaded it. CMUD continues to act like I can only comment on the package or install it. I have this problem both on the main list and in detailed package view. Is there something I can do about this besides putting a don't download comment?

I think the forum gurus can remove packets from the library.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:16 am   

If only a Guru can delete things I'd think this is something that needs to be changed. The original uploader should be able to delete anything they put up imho (and surely legally too, since they'd own the work).
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:44 am   

The help file for Shared Package Library indicates the owner should be able to delete it.
iljhar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:18 am   

I went ahead and deleted the package for you. Did the "Delete From Library" button not show up for you when you went to Edit -> Edit Package? If it didn't, then that should be something that needs to be looked into when Zugg gets back.
JohnEnnion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:07 am   

iljhar wrote:
I went ahead and deleted the package for you. Did the "Delete From Library" button not show up for you when you went to Edit -> Edit Package? If it didn't, then that should be something that needs to be looked into when Zugg gets back.

That's correct, I never received the "Delete Package" button as pointed out in the shared package library file. I uploaded this file originally with a CMUD 1.X Beta (and forgot about the file! Sorry!)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm   

I cannot reproduce this. You should be able to delete your own packages. As iljhar mentioned, when you log in using the same username/password that you used when you uploaded the package then using the Edit/Edit Package menu option should show a Delete Package button along the bottom.

It's possible that the problem is related to changes since the 1.x beta that you used to upload it, and that could explain why I cannot reproduce the problem now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: