Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zodican
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:47 pm   

Reverse slow walking a path

Ok I'm completely at a loss for how to do this. CMUD can slow walk a path, and it can reverse walk a path, but I am completely stumped as to how to get it to slow walk in reverse. Is this just not possible?

I know of a way I could do it. It's easily done simply by using the %pathreverse() function in conjuction with the #slow command, but that function only works on actual paths, it will not work expand the path name itself. For instance if I have a path called House2Home, %pathreverse(House2Home) attempts to give the reverse path of the directional commands contained within that path name, which means it will give me .w2lwndl, yet if I define a Variable with the actual path of House2Home as its variable (for example, maybe the path is 4n6e5s2w), %pathreverse(@House2Home) will correctly parse the variable and yield the backwards path, which means I can then do #slow %pathreverse(@House2Home) to yield the desired results.

The problem is that creating Variables for all of my paths is insanely obnoxious and surely there is some function that will extract the directions of a path from a path name or something that I just simply don't know about. I'm not using the Mapper to do any of this, these are just straight paths. Any help here?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:49 pm   

If your %walkmode is set for slow then just doing "..House2Home" at the command line should work. Also I believe the %alias function works with paths, so #SHOW %alias(House2Home) should display the contents of that path.
Zodican
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:47 am   

Wow thank you so much. The command %alias is exactly what I needed. %pathreverse(%alias(House2Home)) works like a charm for giving me the reverse of a path which I can then use in conjunction with #slow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: