Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hyomoto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:34 pm   

[1.34] Dealing with multiple windows

This didn't seem to be a problem before 1.34 so I'll just have to assume it is something new that has cropped up. Basically I work on a MUD requiring that I keep two windows open. This -kind of- works correctly. Basically I just alt tab between them as needed, however something interesting has come to my attention. For the purposes of this example I will directly refer to the two windows I use, one is the main mud and the other is the test mud.

Basically it works like this, as long as I close the windows in the order I opened them, there is no trouble, the system works fine. I open main first, and then follow it with test. As long as I close test, and then main, in that order, there are no problems. However, if I close main and then test, well cMUD does not like that very much and will actively punish me for my insolence. First note that the main and test windows are seperate sessions, they are not liked to the same packages.

Once I have closed the windows in the wrong order, it will no longer let me open them both together. The only option is to delete one and remake it, and try not to forget to do it in the right order next time.

Here is exactly what happens, I will open main, then try to open test. Either I get the outline of the window that was going to open, or nothing at all happens. In BOTH cases, the test window does not open, only if I'm lucky do I get a silhoutte to taunt me. If I then try to remedy the problem by opening test first, and THEN main. Well that's when bad stuff starts happening. Main will either be open and invisible, or just 'stuck' meaning I cannot dock the window at all. If I fiddle with it I and do get main to dock it will cut off the docking bar making the window once again stuck, but this time directly on top of the test window. Or maybe both of my windows just plain disappear. Invisible windows are strange, they show up in the menu but are invisible if you select them, alt-tab, control-n etc...
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:18 pm   

Sounds like a layout problem. If you right-click the session icon for each of them and hold shift while choosing "Offline", a new layout will be created. This might fix the problem from closing them in the wrong order.

It was unclear from the start if you were using the same instance of CMUD to open both of these sessions. If you're using the same instance of CMUD, you can try using the Save Session As option on the File menu to create a new session icon that will automatically open both of your sessions. It'll have its own layout too, and will hopefully help with your woes.

If this still isn't helping, post exactly what it is that you're doing and exactly what you're clicking on and pressing, in order.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: