Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:01 pm   

Forum Help links will now pick CMUD over zMUD

When using a forum help link of the form: [[articlename]text] it will now search in the CMUD help file before searching in the zMUD help file.

I have added some code to the Knowledge Base to also accept a prefix of "zmud_" for all article ids. So, to be absolutely sure what you are linking to, always try to remember to specify the "zmud_" or "cmud_" prefix, such as [[cmud_%additem]] or [[zmud_%additem]] . Note that when displayed in the forum text, the prefix is always removed. So when you use [[cmud_%additem]] then the readers will actually see this: %additem and when you use [[zmud_%additem]] the readers will also see this: %additem . If you just use [[%additem]] then you will get the CMUD %additem by default.

Based on the suggestion from Fang, I have also added a link in the upper-right corner of each help topic that shows the proper ID link. It shows the BBCode for linking to the topic, and the link itself uses the new http://www.zuggsoft.com/kb/articlename syntax, so you can right-click in your browser and select Copy Link Text to get the short URL link for the correct topic.

Note that in the zMUD manual, the new link field in the upper-right corner will show the raw article_id value. But if this is a command or function name, this BBCode might end up linking to the CMUD version instead of the zMUD version. So if you want to force the zMUD version, be sure to add the "zmud_" prefix.

In general, I wouldn't worry too much about this. For the commands and functions that exist in both zMUD and CMUD, the help file entries for CMUD are actually more up-to-date and are still useful for zMUD users.

Hope this all works :)

(Note: Since this change was made in how the BBcode is translated into HTML when displayed in your browser, this change will effect all [[links]] in any existing forum post retroactively. So let me know if this change breaks anything).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: