Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
danextpope

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:43 am   

MXP bug in zmud 7.21?

I'm currently working on building a new mudlib for MudOS to test out certain concepts. One of the things I've done so far is implemented MXP support for MudOS (patch available if anyone wants it).

Now I'm working on implementing the mudlib end of MXP support, namely tagging various bits of text with appropriate codes. Everything seems to be working correctly...except the <P> tag. The description from the MXP spec reads:

Quote:

Mark a paragraph. A paragraph is a set of separate lines sent by the MUD which are recombined into a single line by the client. Basically, all newlines sent from the MUD between the <P> and the </P> are ignored. To force a line break, use <BR>

This is not the behaviour I'm seeing in zmud. If I have the mud send this text to me

Quote:

<P>This is a
line broken up by
newlines.</P>

the lines do not end up together. Am I just misinterpreting this tag or is it not implemented?
Nick Gammon
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:40 am   

Is the relevant paragraph subject to <PRE> ... </PRE> ?
Nick Gammon
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:43 am   

I think you might also want to look at the xch_mode you are in. I think that affects the interpretation of newlines:

http://pueblo.sourceforge.net/doc/manual/html_xch_mode.html
danextpope

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 pm   

Nick Gammon wrote:
Is the relevant paragraph subject to <PRE> ... </PRE> ?

It shouldn't be. Nothing is sending PRE tags.

Nick Gammon wrote:
I think you might also want to look at the xch_mode you are in. I think that affects the interpretation of newlines:

http://pueblo.sourceforge.net/doc/manual/html_xch_mode.html

While setting xch_mode to fullhtml does do the trick, it does seem to defeat the purpose, as that only works if Pueblo emulation is on. And if you're doing Pueblo commands, implementing MXP seems redundant. And I'd rather use MXP than Pueblo, as the former uses Telnet Options to activate, while the latter uses plain text.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: