Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SupadudeX
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:02 pm   

Help Configuring for Dragonrealms

Hello, I need some help. I have spent the last few days trying to set up zMUD and cMUD to display all the status bars and other useful items which the stormfront client has. I have searched this forum and taken all of the scripts that I can find, but most of them only work partially. I have done this in both zMUD and cMUD and but no progress is being made. I mainly want to use zMUD/cMUD for the mapping capabilities. Otherwise I am fine using the Stormfront client. Can anyone help me out, or point me to some more up to date information about how to get things configured. Everything I can find seems to be pretty old.

Also, is there any possible way to use cMUD and Stormfront at the same time so that I can use the mapping of cMUD while doing everything else in Stormfront?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:22 am   

There isn't a way to have both CMUD and Stormfront parse the incoming messages, no. You can create your maps manually in CMUD, but that's it.

I don't have any experience with trying to get CMUD to display the same data as Stormfront but I've spoken to a few people who've tried. The problem, I believe, is that Stormfront uses an XML feed to get its information and z/CMUD have no way of parsing that XML. I remember talking to one user about a stand-alone proxy he'd written that converted the XML data into MXP data that z/CMUD could parse, but the sheer quantity of data caused problems. It's a very knotty problem.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 pm   

The issue with the Stormfront XML is that is uses the convention of putting /> at the end of some tags, such as <BR />. I have plans to add support for parsing this to the MXP in CMUD, but I haven't gotten to that yet. Hopefully within the next month or so, and then you'll be able to create MXP triggers to handle the Stormfront data.
healunter
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:48 pm   

I had the minivitals replicating the health/mana/spirit/fatigue bars posted.

as you fix in the /> please remember to fix in the </ for the id's and pushes.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:54 am   

Quote:

as you fix in the /> please remember to fix in the </ for the id's and pushes.

you'll need to provide an example of what you mean. As far as I know, XML doesn't use </ except for closing tags and you don't need specific definitions for those. For instance, if you do this:

#mxp <!element d flag=20>

then anytime ZMud or CMud sees <d> it will automatically look for the matching </d>. This part of MXP already is fully compatible and 100% operational with the simutronics XML format.

What broke is the support for open tags (open tags are tags that don't have a </tagname> to go with them, such as the BR example used by Zugg above). The newer W3C standard (which isn't so highly enforced for, say, XML as opposed to DHTML or DXML) says that open tags should end with a slash. Thus, < BR > becomes < BR/ > (the bolded version is what is supported by MXP, the unbolded version is what's instead sent by Simutronics).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: