Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:00 am   

Zmud 7.21 Command Bar missing glitch

This is what my zmud looks like on all characters and logins. I was mudding and got done and closed the program. The next time I ran Zmud it opened like in the image. The command line, the place you type the commands in, well it doesn't exsist. I can't type into it, I also can't see any text from the mud. I have erased all the files and even uninstalled and reinstalled zmud but nothing will put the window back to the way it was so it will fit my window. Help! please.

Phanku
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:52 pm   

Probably, you have right clicked on the window, and chosen not to show mud output. Next time you start zmud and open up a character, right click on the character-window's icon in the taskbar, select window options, and then reselect Show Mud Output. This should rectify your problem.
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:46 pm   

Otherwise, the other possibility is you've detached the command bar. In which case, you can just follow my above instructions and instead of selecting Show Mud Output, re-Attach the Command Line.
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:18 pm   Thank you for the reply

I had tried that alread, as I try to allways read the forum boards before asking a dumb question. However, if you look at the picture that I posted the command bar is there. Look at the bottom of the picture you can see the top of the clock. the trigger icon, and the parser icon. The command bar is being shown it is just "shrunk". I can not get the command bar to unshrink and no text shows with in the mud window. If you notice the connection time in the picture at the moment I was connected to a mud. Thanks for helping guys I hope some one has had this trouble because I can not afford to format my laptop right at the moment as I use it for work. I believe this happened because I had zmud running when a program changed the resolution of my desktop and never put it back to the orginial resolution.

Phanku
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:46 pm   

Did you try going to layout and selecting 'Reset Windows'?

If that fails you can delete you zmud.ini that controls the layout settings. (Alternatively you can try editing it to see if that helps, there is a section in there for the command line. Mine had 25 for the height.)
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:17 am   

I did try using the reset windows with no avail. I also have deleted the zmud.ini and still nothing..
I will post what my zmud.ini has in it, maybe you guys can figure if there is something in there causing this.

[Settings]
Scale2=14
StatColor=2
StatWindow=0
Debugger=0
PrintColor=1
BackColor=-2147483633
UseBitmap=1
Sound=1
OldDriver=0
Autosave=1
Promptsave=1
Hints=1
Backup=1
WindowTabs=0
Speedbuttons=1
Clock=1
Clock24=0
WrapCommand=1
MultiPaste=1
History=20
NumLock2=1
WindowTab2=0
ExpandPrefs=1
EraseCommand=0
EchoTriggers=0
Fontname=Courier
Fontsize=10
Fontstyle=0
EditFontname=Courier
EditFontsize=10
EditFontstyle=0
StatFontname=Courier
StatFontsize=10
StatFontstyle=0
PrettyPrint=1
OneLine=0
CommandHelp=1
Translate=1
CheckVersion=1
ShowRelocate=1
TermType=zmud
AltDock=0
MainActivity=1
MXPStatus=1
MXPDebug=0
AllowMXPCom=1
AllowVB=1
AllowJava=1
LockLayout=0
WinXPTheme=1

[Init]
LicenseNum=7

[Char]
SortCol=3
SortDir=1
Style=0
EditPage=0
IsMaxed=0
Top=206
Left=314
Width=651
Height=353
OnTop=0
Rollup=0
Scale2=14

[Characters]
LastNum=14

[CharView]
Splitter=202

[CommandLine]
IsMaxed=0
Top=-32388
Left=0
Width=1280
Height=812
Scale2=14

[Record]
IsMaxed=0
Top=201
Left=259
Width=367
Height=95
Scale2=14

[Screen]
IsMaxed=0
Top=0
Left=0
Width=1280
Height=766
OnTop=0
Rollup=0
Scale2=14
ToolText=1
ToolIcon=1

[Memory]
MainLines=1000
ChildLines=1000
EditLines=1000

[Windows]
UseDef=0
Alpha=0
TaskMain=1
TaskSub=0
XFocus=1

[Proxy]
Mode=0
SocksHost=
SocksUser=
SocksPass=
SocksPort=1080
TelnetHost=
TelnetPort=23
TelnetCmd=%host %port
WWWHost=
WWWPort=80
TelnetUser=
TelnetPass=
WWWUser=
WWWPass=

[Lookup]
Min=3
Max=10
Inc=1

[Layout]
Tile=4

[MXP]
UnderlineLinks=1
Commandline=0
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:36 am   

Phanku wrote:
[CommandLine]
IsMaxed=0
Top=-32388
Left=0
Width=1280
Height=812
Scale2=14

This is very very wrong indeed. These measurements are in pixels - your command line is 1280 pixels wide, which sounds reasonable, but also 812 pixels high! And it's also anchored at -32388, which is well off the top of the visible screen. The height should be 22ish (mine is 22, Tech's is 25) and the top anchor should be positive and inside whatever you resolution is. Once it's on the screen, you should be able to move it back.

But of course, "Attached Commandline" has to be unchecked for these options to matter. If you've got that checked, it must be something else.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:53 am   

I do have "attached Commandline" checked. I don't know what else to do. I even tried to uncheck the commandline and then save the zmud.ini with the right
kind of settings and when I open zmud with that settings I don't see the command line at all. I then attach the command line again and it is still really thin and
looks like the picture I posted. Sigh.
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:20 am   

Well I purchased Cmud because I have been kicking around the idea of buying it anyways. Well what
is causing the probem in Zmud is also causing a problem in Cmud. In cmud I have at least the command
bar and can type in the command bar however I still can't see the text from the mud.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:55 am   

Sounds like maybe you have a corrupted layout file.

To check this in a simple way, edit your character properties to not use a layout. Uncheck the option, and delete the filename from the accompanying box to make sure it doesn't load one.

If nothing changes, look for and delete a file literally named ".lay". This is the result of an old bug in ZMud, and its existence could be causing issues (it has for me, but my command line never disappeared).

If the command-line comes back after these two steps, go delete the character layout file you were previously using. From there, you should be able to create a new layout file via normal means.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:51 pm   

I didn't find any .lay files in Cmud or Zmud. Cmud is a fresh install, and I have not imported any character files. Both are still broken.
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:54 pm   

I finally found the problem. I use a program called Ishell for my work to develop programs in, and it has a run time that if you terminate the process instead of exiting the program
it messes everything up. So I ran the program again and exited it the right way and everything is working again. Thanks for your help guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: