Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mluks

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:31 am   

[1.31] Save Changes working incorrectly?

Anyone else having trouble with it....I'm not sure I can reproduce it consistently. But if I can, I'll reply.

Basically, the Save Changes button on the toolbar is not working in some instances. Sometimes I click "Save Changes" and "Save Changes" remains active and doesn't actually save the changes.

If anyone else can duplicate this with some simpe steps, I'd appreciate the input.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:29 am   

I have ran into this but have not been able to successfully reproduce it yet.

Noticed this on v1.30
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:49 am   

I had this happening too, but I thought it was connected to my package being very corrupted (see some of my other posts around here)

When this happened, i could save by using the compile tab or selecting save from the file menu.

Meanwhile, I rebuild my package. Since my gut feeling was that the corruption was situated in the classes, I recreated all classes from scratch and copied in the aliases/triggers/macros/... from my old package.

So far this seems to work fine. I cannot recall having the 'save' problem since, but if I do, I will try to find reproduction steps
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:34 pm   

I've ran into this as well, also any layout changes I make to the mapper never save(such as removing the #find magnifying glass, taking off the parent zone, ect.)
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:42 pm   

I usually get this when I try to change scripts while they are running.

If this is not the case I wonder if you somehow started a process that can't be stopped. For me CMUD sometimes enters a state where I can't see anything should be wrong but things are simply not working as they should be. Unfortunately this happens to me quite often (as several times a day). Only way to get back on track for me is then to close it down and startup again.

Anyone know a way to tell what CMUD is doing at a given time, maybe allowing for shutting down unwanted processes? I feel like I am working in darkness.
asira
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 pm   

I have also encountered this myself and it still exists in 1.33

Whenever a setting fires (I encounter it most often with channel related triggers), it prevents the save changes button working correctly. In earlier versions, simply carrying on with the editing (or making then undoing a change) would allow you to save. In the latest versions this is no longer the case, I'm not sure exactly when that changed, but I'd guess probably with the new editor component. With the latest version, the only way I have found to save the changes so far, is to change to the compiled code tab, which automatically saves any changes before compiling.

Reproducing this is simple, set an alarm to do something obvious to fire in 20 seconds or so, then go into the editor make a change and just wait for the alarm to fire before trying to save the changes.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:34 pm   

I cannot reproduce this at all. I did this to test it:

1) Run CMUD and close the Session window
2) Type:

#ALARM 5 {#SHOW fired}

3) Open the settings editor and make a change to the trigger. The Save Changes is enabled. Even when the trigger fires and displayed "Fired" in the window, the Save Changes is still enabled. If I click Save Changes, the trigger is properly saved and displays the new text the next time it fires.

So, there must be something more complicated in your package that is causing this. Please give more details, or test the above procedure and see if it works for you. I'd really like to figure out what is causing this if I can.
NitroGlycerine
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 pm   

Just bumping to confirm that this still a problem in 1.34

My eample:

Editing a trigger/alias/.... while I'm playing a MUD.

Something happens in the MUD game and triggers my prompt trigger.

When you click Save Changes the button doesn't go inactive, and the trigger/alias/... that I'm editing doesn't get saved either.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:13 pm   

Did you test the exact procedure that I gave above in a new session window? As I said, I cannot reproduce this problem so I need you to try the example above and see if it fails.
TesterOfLimitz
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:57 pm   

From what I can tell....It happens to me when coding in the Package Editor, and another trigger writes a piece of script. Or in other words, when im working on one thing, then something like this fires:
Code:
#trigger {A flying monkey kicks you in the shin.} {#alarm +5 {say Owwwwwwwwww.....Meanie}}

I think it just has to do with the fact your working on one piece of code, and suddenly another ones being worked on, and saved. I just make sure that When i get done if the SAVE feature doesnt grey out, that I copy my script, click off, and paste it in.

-----------------------------------
A quick edit: This happens to me alot, because I enjoy fishing while working on my scripts. Its a little annoying, but overall not a huge problem.
gmueller
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 am   

I've had this happen to me when a background trigger creates a trigger while you're editing.

#TRIGGER {^text that fires a lot$} {#TRIGGER {make a new trigger, something horrible} {blah} "The_class_you're_working_on"}

edit a trigger while this thing goes off, and the save changes button won't work right, you'll have to close the window, reopen copy/paste the previous text, and save.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: