Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 pm   

Map bug

So mad at the moment. For some reason when I try to rename a zone it renames the wrong one. You can tell by it showing the wrong name when you try to rename and if you try anyway you WILL rename the wrong zone. This happened after I deleted a zone. I've tried closing the map, closing CMUD - what else can I do?

I've worked for so long on this map. If CMUD screwed it up I'm going postal...

Any of you out there tried this and know a solution?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm   

Same thing happened with zMud. If I recall it is consistent in which wrong zone it renames, so you can try to figure it out. It is a problem in the user interface for the mapper. You can use the %zonename function to preform renaming. Just make sure you are in map mode or that %maplocked is correctly set.
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:32 pm   

Is there a way to solve the problem? It sounds like you just mention ways to work around it.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:19 pm   

Yes there is a way to solve the problem. I believe it is wait for Zugg to fix it. I am pretty sure this one is on one of his buglists, but since he plans to make major changes to the mapper in CMud at a later date it is likely that he will correct all mapper problems at the same time. Hence the suggestion of a work around, I wouldn't want you to go "postal" after all.
kjaerhus
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:44 pm   

Well, I'll try not to go postal this time, but this is really frustrating as it's not just a few zones we are talking about. On top of that it's not too easy to work my way around as several zones "point" at the same name, which means that some names cannot be found and all and therefor cannot be renamed.

Just to add to the fun several of my zones have non-unique names so I am not really sure what zone I'll get the number of when I use the functions.
vey2000
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:13 pm   

Well, assuming the mapper can follow you, you could walk to a room you know is in a certain area. Then check %zonenum and use that number for %zonename.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: