Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 pm   

"Real Life" hits in March

Yesterday at the Doctor, we learned that Chiara has a serious hernia and will need to go into surgery the first week of March. She will be in the hospital for several days, and will then recover at home. She won't be able to lift anything for at least six weeks.

This wasn't really a surprise. We expected that we would need to deal with this and have just been waiting until after the holidays.

What this means to CMUD users is that the next month is going to be stressful around here, and I'll need to be taking care of Chiara and might not be as focused on CMUD as people might like. But hopefully everyone will understand about this.

I will try my best to release a new version of CMUD before the beginning of March so that you'll be able to play with some new bug fixes while I am taking care of Chiara.

My CMUD priority right now is bug fixing, especially regarding multiple windows and multiple sessions. I'm not going to have time to add anything new yet (like SSH). I'm trying to listen to what people have been saying over in the Poll about needed CMUD features.

I'll post over in my bug fix blog about the latest progress on these bug fixes. But I wanted to start this separate topic to let people know what was going on in our life right now.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and Chiara will be back to normal by the end of March.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:16 am   

The co-founder of the company I work for is going into hospital on Monday for surgery on a hernia. I really hope both operations go well.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:20 am   Re: "Real Life" hits in March

Zugg wrote:
What this means to CMUD users is that the next month is going to be stressful around here, and I'll need to be taking care of Chiara and might not be as focused on CMUD as people might like. But hopefully everyone will understand about this.

No! How dare you spend more time on your wife than on my MUD client! >:(

Joking aside, though, I really hope it goes well. Operations are the worst :(
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:57 pm   

I know that the company is your living and that CMUD is important in that regard but to hell with that. Love and happiness is far more important than money and so Chiara is top of the list in importance. Stuff anyone who gives you a hard time over taking time out for family, in fact just send me their details and I'll get my baseball bat out Wink
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:13 pm   

BTW, our co-founder's operation did go well (it seems). Good luck / God bless (depending on what you think is more important), Chiara - I hope you op goes well too. Keep us updated.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:32 pm   

Good luck to you and Chiara today. I'll pray for both of you and I hope that all goes well. You've got a large extended 'family' rooting for you both.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:20 am   

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the surgery went well and Chiara is doing great. I'll pass along all of the good wishes to her...she really appreciates all of your thoughts. She will still be in the hospital for a couple of days, and I don't have any Internet access there, so I won't be posting or doing much email for the next couple of days. I'll post another update when she gets home on Wednesday or Thursday.
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 am   

Good to hear, Zugg. Both of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:17 am   

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Send her a virtual "Get well soon" card from me!
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 pm   

Good that the surgery went smoothly. I hope the recovery is swift.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm   

Chiara is home now! She is doing really well and resting now. I'll have Internet access now, but I probably won't answer much in the forums until tomorrow. I'm still doing all of her jobs around the house. She basically can't do *anything* for six weeks now. So I'm doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the cats and everything else that she normally does. I might let her do email in a couple of days if she is doing well. The hardest part will be keeping her from doing stuff since she feels better and is bored.

So, just as much as she helps keep me away from the computer when I've been working too hard, now it's time for me to keep her stuck in her comfy chair with her cat curled up on her legs with a good supply of books and movies.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:59 pm   

A task that will like prove more formidable than CMUD ever did but one I feel you'll accomplish with flying colors...

I'm glad to hear she got the early release and is doing so well. Plus the time away will help clear your mind for CMUD. I've had many a brilliant idea while sweeping, vacuuming, doing laundry or the dishes.

And if she gets real bored maybe you can let her respond to email from the laptop.. (Just require that a sitcom is and her favorite cup of tea is nearby ) Laughing
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:01 pm   

Zugg wrote:
she feels better

Excellent!
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:14 pm   

Brilliant news!! Very Happy
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:49 pm   

Glad Chiara is doing well, Zugg!

Make sure she doesn't get out of that comfy chair. Razz

Best of wishes to both of you. Very Happy
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:37 am   

It is good to hear everything has gone well and Chiara is on the road to recovery. Just make sure you never quite do the housework to her satisfaction on the first try or she may just decide that all those jobs are permanently yours.
bumsvilleohioguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:52 am   

Hey Zugg, I am sure you won't remember me because you have met so many other people since the first time we chatted via email however I am glad your wife is doing well in recovery and very glad to see that Zmud has done so well for you. I recall you just working on Zmud as a side project while you were still working at your "real" job and debating on working on Zmud as a full-time job. Well back then I had suggested a mud for you to look at and I am sill semi playing that same mud and if you do remember I would love to see you on there sometime. (I won't say here what mud is was because I don't want to muddy up yor forums with personal mud ad's.) If you don't remember the mud but do remember me I hope to hear from you again sometime. Again I am very glad your wife is doing well and I hope all returns to normal (or as close to normal as anything can be when your married) soon. Smile
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:37 pm   

Just curious to see how Chiara's recovery is going so far. I hope cabin fever or sheer boredom hasn't set in yet. It occurred to me that this would be a good time for her to do some more mudding and perhaps even pick up a blog about it based on her experiences with CMUD and MUDding in general. I don't know if this would be considered too strenuous, but it would be cool to see. What would be even better is to see what her experience is like if she acts like a regular user (i.e. doesn't use the huge advantage of having Zugg in-house).

I know the results will be slightly skewed since she has some familiarity with the product and the sheer proximity of Zugg. All in all I still think it will be interesting for the regular forum visitors to read and provide you with some unique feedback.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 pm   

She is still doing really well. We have her post-surgery Doctor visit tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say.

Yes, Chiara is bored, and it's getting harder and harder to keep her from doing too much. She isn't really "smart" enough for MUD playing. She might go back to doing email soon, but the pain killers didn't really put her into a good frame of mind for work. And she actually finds MUDding to be stressful. She doesn't play anything like WoW or EQ either. She has tried a couple of MUDs and wanted to try and write some tutorials for new users, but just never really got involved enough with a MUD to do much with that.
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:55 pm   

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to thank you all for your support and good wishes. It was always nice to hear as Zugg reported them to me.
I've healed well and quickly (thank you low carb nutrition) no complications at all.
I'm finally up and around and able to do simple things and even put on my own shoes!

I'm still on restrictions for 2 more weeks, so be sympathetic to Zugg as he continues to be both programmer and chief bottle washer ( I have taken back the cooking!)
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:02 pm   

Glad to hear you are healing well. Welcome back!
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:46 pm   

Ditto.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 pm   

Chiara wrote:

I'm still on restrictions for 2 more weeks, so be sympathetic to Zugg as he continues to be both programmer and chief bottle washer ( I have taken back the cooking!)

I'm glad you're feeling better. As eager as you might feel to resume normal activities, make sure you honor the restrictions. I know people who've pushed too hard too soon and caused themselves trouble.

-Tarn
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 pm   

Yay!! Welcome back Very Happy
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:47 pm   

Welcome Back!

Qapla' Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: