Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 am   

Posts are no longer being marked as read

Example: click on an unread topic. Post a reply. You see your new message and those above are still marked as unread.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 am   

I've noticed this a few times in the past. It DOES mark them as unread, it just sometimes takes a couple of refreshes for it realise.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:15 pm   

Well it's working (now) on my work computer - I wonder if the problem is related to me having logged into the Store yesterday on my laptop and then logged out of the store (but I don't have my store and forum logins linked)...
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm   

Happens to me and I haven't logged into the store since I bought CMUD a few months ago. Don't think it's that.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:30 pm   

It's odd - the problem is happening on my laptop, but not my desktop (work) computer. I've tried logging out and back in of the forums on my laptop.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:52 pm   

Sometimes this can happen if your cookies get messed up. The Store and the Forums do not share any cookies, so I doubt that's the problem. Usually the only solution is to delete any cookies associated with zuggsoft.com, forums.zuggsoft.com, or especially emobius.com. Then restart the browser and log into the forums again to cause the cookies to get recreated.

I think the problem is that there is still a way to get into the forum login via the emobius.com domain. Somewhere there is a link that still points to that, and then it messes up the cookies. Years ago when we put up the new forum system, it was all done on emobius.com. Then we created the forums.zuggsoft.com to take it over when we moved the rest of zuggsoft.com to this server. Since cookies only work for the domain that they were created on, if the cookies are created for the wrong domain, then it can't tell when you last logged in.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:24 pm   

Well I didn't have any cookies from emobius, but several zuggsoft ones (most of them .zuggsoft.com (all domains) and some www.zuggzoft.com. I've cleared all of them so let's see if that helps...

EDIT: Well it's working now, although it did seem like it might be working anyway this evening when I pressed refresh on this thread to see your post Zugg. Hmm.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:32 pm   

This is a test. Excuse me if it turns out to be nothing.

EDIT: It did. No worries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: