Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cypren
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:03 pm   

Constraining triggers to a given window

In zMUD, each window on screen had its own unique settings file, and triggers, aliases, etc were constrained to individual windows.

In CMUD, theoretically, at least, each window should be able to determine which packages it loads, allowing you to separate or share scripts as needed. But right now, the package selections don't seem to be saved after client exit, and when you launch the client again, all packages are enabled for all windows. (I've already put this up as a bug on the beta forum.)

My question is this: does anyone have a suggestion for how to work around this bug in the meantime, so that triggers can be constrained only to certain windows, even if all windows are required to have access to all currently loaded packages? I realize that I can manually turn off the erroneous package selections each time I launch the client, but I'd rather just continue to use zMUD than go through that hassle.

Edit: Almost forgot -- since someone will probably suggest doing #IF (%window = ...), that doesn't work. It returns the name of the currently focused window, not the window that fired the trigger.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:28 am   

If you put triggers (or any kind of setting) inside a window, they'll only apply to that window. So create a copy of each trigger inside each window you want to use the trigger.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
cypren
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:26 pm   

Now, see, that would be simple, elegant, and make perfect sense. I couldn't possibly do that.

In all seriousness, thank you once again. My anal-retentive nature had me categorizing and filing all the triggers under their own packages and classes -- I never even thought of applying them to the windows themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: