Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:22 pm   

Mud won't display

I've been using Cmud for about 2 months without any problems so far. But today I opened my mud up, and the map was filling the entire screen (I have it set to display the mud on the left, and the map on the right at the same time.) So I tried to drag the map over. The actual map dragged, but the zone names wouldn't move (so they started to fill up the entire screen), so I just closed the map. Then, there was just a white screen, and it asked me a few times to select a database (which I don't know what that is). I can connect to the mud, but I just can't SEE anything. I've tried connecting to other muds, and it works fine, but the mud that I actually play won't do anything. I havn't changed any setting recently, or created any new scripts, so I can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:27 pm   

Hrmm, i've looked at it a bit longer, and it seems that the mud buffer is permanantly minimized somewhere, but I can't find it to bring it back up again. Hope this helps :p
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 pm   

OK, I was tinkering around with the other mud that I play, and if you click on the thumbtack at the top of the mud buffer, and click hide (which I don't remember doing the first time) it produces said affect. BUT, now I have two hidden muds, and no idea on how to fix either :p
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:38 pm   

Clicking the thumbtack at the top of the mud buffer tells it to become a slideout window - once you move your mouse out of the slideout part of the window it'll roll up to the top. if you mouse over the tab with the window name, it'll roll back out and you can click the thumbtack again to have it stay out.

Though having done this, I now get some graphical glitches moving up the screen. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Actually, I'm getting weirdness from this anyway - I left the window slid in while I typed this, changed back to the CMUD window and the MUD window was open again with the "pinned out" mode active.
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 pm   

whoops, not the thumbtack, the little arrow that points down. Creates a drop-down menu, where you can click hide. After that, there is no slideout window that I can find.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 am   

I believe that's supposed to set the window's visible property to off, which you can then re-enable via the package editor or a script, but it's not unchecking the box. Possibly related to the network connection shenanigans in that other thread?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:30 am   

Ok, got the window back up, by going to windows, and clicking on the mud name (was using next window last time, which wasn't working). Now I can see the buffer, but I don't have a command line to type into.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 am   

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. My command line comes back just fine when I do that, though.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Toshiro
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:54 am   

Hrmm, I think I found the reason that this happened. If you go to File, close session. then open up a new session. When you open the new session, it is a bit buggy.
Talonnb1
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:59 am   

easiest way to fix this I believe, is to go into your triggers, create a new package, and do CONVERT TO WINDOW. Save it, quit Cmud, come back in. Should fix it, seemed to work for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: