Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cypren
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 am   

[1.24] Window issues with multiple packages

I'm working with an MXP feed that creates and uses a lot of windows via line tagging. I have a number of triggers that need to be selectively applied to one window or another, so I have them separated off into separate packages and am trying to use the "List of packages enabled for this window" settings in the window properties to control which triggers fire in which windows, etc.

Issue #1: This works great while I'm in CMUD, but as soon as I close the client and reopen it, the only window to retain its package selections is the last one created. All of the others default to "all packages enabled".

I've tested this by both manually creating the windows and by letting the MXP line tags create them, and the results are identical in both cases.

Issue #2: If windows are moved from the primary game package (the one listed as the "main file" in the connection settings) to a manually created game package, and the client is closed and reloaded, the primary game window loses its command bar, all windows are unable to transmit data to the MUD, and the only way I've found to fix it is to delete the package with the additional windows and recreate them manually in the primary package.

I will be happy to supply the package files and a raw ASCII transcript of the MUD input if it would help with testing these bugs.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am   Re: [1.24] Window issues with multiple packages

cypren wrote:
Issue #1: This works great while I'm in CMUD, but as soon as I close the client and reopen it, the only window to retain its package selections is the last one created. All of the others default to "all packages enabled".

Confirmed ish. I created a new package containing two windows and nothing else and disabled all the packages I could for both. Closed the client, reopened it. All the packages had become renabled for both.

cypren wrote:
Issue #2: If windows are moved from the primary game package (the one listed as the "main file" in the connection settings) to a manually created game package, and the client is closed and reloaded, the primary game window loses its command bar, all windows are unable to transmit data to the MUD, and the only way I've found to fix it is to delete the package with the additional windows and recreate them manually in the primary package.

Only windows that have a network connection will be able to send commands to the MUD. Have all your windows got network connections?

When I was trying to test this, some very weird stuff happened. I created a new session, opened it and then created a new package. I created a second window in the main session package and dragged the main session window into the second package. When I changed to the second package's tab, the window had ended up INSIDE the module for that package and had lost its "use main session network connection" option, changing to none.
cypren
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm   Re: [1.24] Window issues with multiple packages

Quote:
Only windows that have a network connection will be able to send commands to the MUD. Have all your windows got network connections?

Yes, I did double-check that the window had a network connection assigned before attempting to send data.
Quote:
When I was trying to test this, some very weird stuff happened. I created a new session, opened it and then created a new package. I created a second window in the main session package and dragged the main session window into the second package. When I changed to the second package's tab, the window had ended up INSIDE the module for that package and had lost its "use main session network connection" option, changing to none.

I saw very erratic behavior with this as well. I haven't done tests with just a couple of windows; my setup is using about 8-9. In one instance two or three of the created-and-moved sub-windows spontaneously "grew" network connections after the reload (even though all had been set to "none" before the save/exit) and in another, the main window lost its connection and I had to reset it manually (which still did not allow it to transmit).

Something I should have noted in the original report is that if a window spontaneously loses its command bar with this bug, the game still thinks it has one -- the "command bar" box will be checked in the settings and in the right-click menu, and even unchecking and rechecking it will not make it display again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: