Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Polatrite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:56 pm   

Default font/color settings

I apologize if I'm overlooking this, but I've done a few searches in the helpfiles as well as the forums.

I'm wondering how to change the default settings used when creating a new session. I don't like the default font or colors, and some of the other preferences.

With zmud, it was the inherited settings. What's the equivilant here?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 am   

You create your own package for your own color settings and then add it to the list of default packages in your Preferences.

In more detail:

1) Open CMUD and close the Session window
2) Click the Settings button to open the Package Editor
3) Select File/New Package and give it a name (like "My Colors" or something)
4) Close the Package Editor and then click the Prefs button to open the preferences
5) Go to the Colors tab

Now, here is the advanced part:

6) On the left side of the screen are the different preferences pages (User Interface, Scripting, etc). Just above this list is a small drop-down arrow. Click on this arrow to see the Advanced menu. In the Modules submenu, select your Module: My Colors. This allows you to edit the preferences stored in that specific package.

7) In the window caption it should now tell you that you are editing the preferences for My Colors. So change the colors that you want to change. In my test, I changed the Color Scheme to "Windows" instead of VT100.

8) Now click on the Scripting page and then the Packages tab to see a list of default packages loaded into new sessions.
9) Click the + button on the far right to add a new package to this list, and then select your My Colors package from the file list that is displayed.
10) Click the Close button and then exit CMUD to save everything

Now, when you load CMUD and click on New Session to create a new session, it will automatically load your My Color package. If you have existing sessions, select Edit Session and go to the Files tab to see the list of packages loaded for the session, click the + button and add your My Colors package to each session that you want.

Comparing this to zMUD, the idea is the same as inherited settings, except that in CMUD the settings files are called "packages" and instead of just having a single inherited file, you can load as many different package files as you want. You'll see that CMUD already uses this feature itself to load the "English Keypad" and "English Directions" packages which control the speedwalking directions. All of that used to be built into the "default settings" in zMUD, but in CMUD you can control it with your own packages and do a lot more with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: