Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anzerion
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:30 am   

same alias, same pkg, diff script for diff characters

So I use the same package for two characters so if I update a script on one character, it's there for the other as well. I used to use two separate script files, but it got tiresome updating both and such.

What I'd like to do then is have an alias that checks what character I am on (this should be possible via the #CHARACTER command but I cannot get it to work) and sends specific commands for that alias based on the character I am on.

This specific alias is a spellup alias. I send "sup" for "SpellUP" and it sends things like cast detect invis and such. Well, on one character I want it to cast stone skin. On the other, I don't.

I tried to play around with the IF command, but I can't figure out any way to work it. Anyone have any ideas?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:01 am   

#IF (%char="Name") {}

that might work
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:03 am   

Nope, it doesn't.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:13 am   

I have a similar setup, but I just make my own @char variable based on the "Welcome Guinn..." message I get when I log on. Then I use
Code:
#SWITCH @char
  Guinn {whatever}
  Bob {whatever}
  Jeff {whatever}
Anzerion
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:15 am   

Okay -- seems like this is being overly complicated. I don't have anything on my welcome screen that says "Welcome Anzerion" or anything similar so I have nothing to grab my character name from automatically.

I tried making a trigger that would look at commands sent to the MUD so I made a trigger

#TRIGGER {Anzerion} {#VARIABLE Character Anzerion}

and set the type to command input, but that didn't work either -- it wasn't seeing it cuz Character variable was always blank.

I just need a simple way to fire the same alias for different characters -- and the reason it seems this is overly complicated is because there are already mulitple ways to separate character files between the same package. The character name is already stored, but there's also things like session names that could be used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: