Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
psyborg
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:24 am   

Dragonrealms Familiar Window

Ok, I am a moon mage in the game, and with that, I can watch places "at a distance" with the output going into the familiar window. Now then, the gsl tags e/f "contain"(as in what is going to be going to the fam window, goes between GSe and GSf) what is to be sent to the fam window. Well, the way zMud picks this up is the last line get stored at "GSf." However, it SHOULD contain everything between GSe and GSf. For example

You gesture.
GSe
GSo
[Middens, Crossbow Bend]
GSp
GSH
Before you stands the Observatory of the Southern Crossbow. It is a three-story edifice, its sixteen-sided walls capped with a crystal dome. The top floor is also the nerve center of the Moon Mages' Guild, a most powerful and revered arcane circle throughout Elanthia. All in all a rather quirky structure, it manages to inspire awe and curiosity at the same time. A carved ivory door leads inside.GSI
You also see a pool of black shadows, a red moonbeam, and an ivory urn.
Also here: Vahlek, G'nar Pethian Itron, Philosopher Garrae, Predictor Pandy who is sitting, Eowen, Zulkirs, and Neomania.
GSjB
Obvious paths: northeast.
GSf

That should all go into the fam window. The tags were shown just so you know what I am talking about, but never actually show. Now then, the only thing that actually gets output to the familiar window is....

Obvious paths: northeast.

Again, this is probably because zMud doesn't account for all the lines after GSe, but before GSf...only the line immediately before. This concept works for 90% of the functions of that fam window, but as a moon mage, I tend to see that other 10% a lot more.

So, my question is, how do I get it to trigger correctly and capture ALL the text between those blocks to the fam win, instead of just the last line? Is this something that I cant do without asking Zugg to rewrite this portion of the GSL tags and how zMud looks at it?

Oh, and my trigger for capturing is....

#TRIGGER {f} {#gag;#cap famwin} "" {gsl}
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:51 am   

What you have to do is turn on capturing at the 'e' tag and turn it off at the 'f' tag. This could easily be done by the following set of triggers:

#TR {e} {#T+ FamiliarCap} "" {gsl}
#TR "FamiliarCap" {*} {#CAP FamWin;#GAG} "" {disable}
#TR {f} {#T- FamiliarCap} "" {gsl}
psyborg
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:34 am   

thanks vijilante, that did the trick!
healunter
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:10 am   

Can this(the fam window) be turned into a status window? might be a bit cleaner, especially for wound taking
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: