Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:41 am   

[1.24] Interesting magic window

Alright I dont know how I noticed this but I saw a window I've never seen before but cant see it any other way.. So I click the cmud bar on the toolbar it popped open, click it again to minimize it and for a brief second I caught sight of this window... Something about MCCP... once I can find somewhere to upload a picture I will.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 pm   

Not sure how you were able to see a window for it, but it is a normal part of CMUD and zMUD. MCCP stands for Mud Client Compression Protocol. It's a property that's on by default.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:22 pm   

I have a screenshot of the window, and the window is the MCCP comprassion error window, I know what MCCP. I do enjoy playing around with smaugfuss a bit myself. But the window appeared while I was connected to achaea, however I'm going to restart my pc when I get home and try to see if I can get the window to kinda appear but not really show like it was. But soon as i can find somewhere to post the screenshot I will.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 am   

Try http://www.imageshack.us/
I've noticed several people here use it.
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:06 am   

Donno if this is good enough, but this is what I'm talking about it. The window appeared many times, I just minimized everything to make sure it wasn't just me.
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:24 am   

Alright I got it to fail again on achaea, and this time I saw the window, and clicked the ok button. So now I think if you dont click on it, and just click on the mud output window. It kinda just sits in the background and not visible for some reason?
asira
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:02 pm   

I sometimes get the same error window in Lusternia, particularly when I am looking at long help files.

The error window is (I think) created by CMUD (or ZMUD) to warn you that there is a problem with some of the text just sent by the MUD using MCCP (I've never noticed anything actually wrong with the text itself, so I normally assume it's something in the compression stuff, especially since the text of the window is usually some weird character). The error window will just sit there until you get rid of it and as far as I know this doesn't directly have any impact on the workings of CMUD, so if the error window gets lost behind the main window it shouldn't cause any problems.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 pm   

I'll try to make this a "stay on top" error message.

But yes, this dialog is displayed whenever CMUD (or zMUD) detects an error in the compressed data stream from the MUD. Usually it means that there is some part of the MUD code that is sending uncompressed text over the compressed data channel. I have seen bugs in some MUD codes bases where someone is bypassing the normal output routines which causes normal text to be sent over the compressed channel. If you find some command on the MUD that causes this error dialog to be displayed consistently, then you should notify the MUD so that they can try to fix their code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: