Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:24 am   

Color Suggestion

Not quite a problem, I know... but:

How hard would it be to have the boards parse and color zscript that is within the code tags?
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:53 pm   Re: Color Suggestion

shalimar wrote:
Not quite a problem, I know... but:

How hard would it be to have the boards parse and color zscript that is within the code tags?

It is much more difficult to colourize zScript than for example C++. When colouring a language like C++ you just colourize the tokens without bother about the syntactic structure.

If the colourization should be done like in zMUD the colouring also depends on the syntactic structure of the language(also required to properly do pretty printing). E.g alias calls should be coloured blue, but only if the alias is defined somewhere. Operators are coloured in math expressions but not where they are concatenated into strings.

I wrote a zScript colourizer a few years ago. Unfortunately I have a kind of phobia to release source code so I never made it downloadable. They say one way to defeat a phobia is to go against it, so I might reconsider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: