Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:02 am   

CMUD 1.24 Public Version Released!!!

It's finally here! It's the v1.24 Public Release of CMUD.

Well, this has been a long road, but it's finally here. Keep in mind that this is just the *first* public release. I know there are still bugs in CMUD. There are still bugs in zMUD and it's been worked on for 10 years! So, there will always be bugs, but CMUD should be pretty stable and should work well for most people.
----

As mentioned in the Status of New Features article, there are still many features to be added to CMUD. In particular, the Mapper and Database modules will under-go major rewrites in 2007. So, I'm sorry if your favorite feature hasn't been added to CMUD yet, but more stuff will come over time. I expect CMUD to continuously improve over time, just like zMUD did.

Please use the new CMUD General Discussion Forum to discuss general stuff about the public version. Feel free to post bug reports here, but keep in mind that for the next month I won't be as active in the forums. I'll keep an eye on them for a few days, but then Chiara will be locking the office door for the holidays.

I seriously doubt there will be any new updates to CMUD over the next month. I've fixed about as much as I could for the Public Release, and I don't think there are any major crash or data corruption issues left. There will be plenty of time to work on new versions all through 2007. You'll see a *lot* of stuff added to CMUD next year.

It's been a long year of development for CMUD. Thanks to everyone who worked *so* hard during the Beta Testing. If it wasn't for your help, CMUD wouldn't be nearly as good as it is now.

Tell all of your friends to start trying to use CMUD now. The trial was reset so they have 30 days to play around with it and see if they like it. Hopefully they will see how much better than zMUD it is going to be.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: