Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zugg Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:37 am
Poll: What urgent problems still need to be fixed?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:37 pm   

Yeah, Fang is correct...the full #BUTTON command syntax is not documented on purpose. It was only ever intended for the zMUD text import/export and not for real command line usage. And since the text export isn't available in CMUD, you really shouldn't be using the full #button command anyway...you should use the GUI interface for button creation.
ecourt
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:44 pm   

I'm strange, I like to create buttons on the fly ..
with Cmud, I can attach the ones I want to packages tho.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 pm   

I'm still hoping the two issues I posted in this thread will be fixed, but I completely understand if you don't have time before you go on holiday. This is just in case they got lost in the mountain of other cr*p.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:27 am   

A button on the root window/module properties of a package that links to the package properties would be a wonderful thing. However, this is trivial.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:33 am   

There is already a button in the main toolbar (next to the package name dropdown field) for package properties, so I think that's already easy enough to select.

The issue of requiring {} with #ECHO is not going to be fixed...that's just the way the syntax works in CMUD now. The () are a similar issue...the () perform expression evaluation, so you need to put quotes around them. This won't change before the public release because these kinds of parser changes cause too many side effects and would cause more potential bugs.

The #SUB issue also probably won't be fixed because of the same parser side effects. All of these issues can be worked-around by using the %concat function to form proper strings, so none of these are what I'd call serious/critical issues.
hav
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:10 am   

Yay, trial reset.
I would like an option for cmud to ignore unrecognised #COMMANDS.
The old plugins don't load yet of course, so no mudreader and no #SPEAK which means any old script with #SPEAK won't compile.
In zmud I can unload mudreader and everything else would still work, ignoring #SPEAK parts.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:12 pm   

Zugg,
I would love to see a trial reset. I am probably like a few users started playing with the older betas, then decided to wait until the public release came out to try it again. In the meantime the trial expired and they can't test if they like the new CMUD.
Please reset the trial!
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 pm   

Darmir The trail was reset for 1.23!! Go get it and enjoy.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:33 pm   

Seb: I think I might have found and fixed the issues with #SUB. #SUB had an alternate syntax form of #SUB {Pattern} {String} and so when using just #SUB {string} it was parsing this string as a trigger pattern instead of a normal string value. I was able to change this in v1.24, hopefully without effecting anything else, so that the #SUB argument gets parsed correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: