PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:29 am   

1.15 Using F keys for macros

Cant get macros to asign. Tried various keys no luck

Thanks
Tex
Tex
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:35 am   

I should say that it does work with Cntr-k then pressing they key.
But i cannot asign a key if i click on the macros button and try to make a macro that way

Tex
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:45 am   

Actually, you'll probably find that it -is- actually working, but for some reason it dosent display anything in the key assignment box when you try to assign F keys till youve saved the macro and/or clicked to a different setting and back.. its just a small but annoying bug
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:53 am   

nope sorry, when i click on the macro button then click new then try to asing a key, nothing gets asign and that window closes, click on macros again and there is a new macro with no name or anything, and the key i ttried to asign was F5. Pressing F5 does nothing, so not even that its asign but doesnt look like it. I asigned 4 other keys using cntrl-k just fine. F1,F4,F11, and F12

Tex
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm   

The F keys are changing the display type. For example from view all to view triggers ect. This is stealing the focus from the create macro dialog in the gui and making cMud think that you decided not to make a macro anyway.

I'm at work so can't test but. I think there is a setting in preferences that says let macros over-ride built in stuff. Give that a try and see if that lets you make them.
Yamabushi
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm   

Go into the box for the macro key and type in the F key you want, be it F4 for example.

I had to do that for my script, and it has been working just fine.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:46 pm   

Macros can override built-in stuff, but not when other windows, like the settings window, is open. The settings window uses the F keys to control what settings to display. You have to close then settings editor to use your F macros.

When you are creating a macro in the settings editor, click into the KeyName field and in the status bar you will see that it tells you to press Enter to define a key. Pressing Enter will bring up the "Press the key you want to assign" dialog. Or you can just enter the text "F5" into the field.

I recently fixed a bug where pressing Enter was closing the settings editor instead of bringing up the Select Key dialog, but I forget if that was fixed in 1.15 or if it's oly fixed in my 1.16 version.
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm   

Hmm, i've had no problem with the F keys controlling the display of settings .. I just put the cursor in the 'Key' box inside the settings editor hit the appropriate key and click elsewhere so that it will display and its there.

Weird

EDIT: Nevermind, I realised I had only been testing with F1 and F2 and it seems that those are safe but anything past that behaves as Zugg said.

Also, hitting Enter with the cursor in the box displays the key assignment dialog AND closes the settings editor and then dosent actually work to assign the key anyhow, so it must be somthing youve fixed in 1.16, so i'm looking forward to downloading that soon :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: