Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 am   

[1.15] Alias thats causing a crash but not sure why

This ones got me stumped.. its working fine in zMud now I cant for the life of me figure out why cMud is having a fit.
Its a lot of code but I figure the best way is to just paste the alias here and hope someone can either point out some glaring error that cMud is being picky about or confirm that this is a bug.

Alias: showvials

#T+ vialcolor
#SHOW ************************ %ansi(high, white)HEALING%ansi(grey) ************************
#SHOW %format("&s &9.0f", Healths:, @healths) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @healthsips)~] --- %format("&s &11.0f", Manas:, @manas) ~[%format( "&s &4.0f", ,@manasips)~]
#SHOW %format("&s &8.0f", Mendings:, @mendings) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @mendsips)~] --- %format("&s &6.0f", Epidermals:, @epidermals) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @episips)~]
#SHOW %format( "&s &4.0f", Restorations:, @restorations) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @restsips)~] --- %format("&s &6.0f", Immunities:, @immunitys) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @immusips)~]
#SHOW ************************ %ansi(high, white)DEFENCE%ansi(grey) ************************
#SHOW %format("&s &5.0f", Levitations:, @levitations) ~[%format( "&s &4.0f", , @levsips)~] --- %format("&s &8.0f", Calorics:, @calorics) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @calsips)~]
#SHOW %format("&s &10.0f", Masses:, @masss) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @masssips)~] --- %format("&s &10.0f", Frosts:, @frosts) ~[%format( "&s &4.0f", , @frostsips)~]
#SHOW %format("&s &10.0f", Speeds:, @speeds) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", , @speedsips)~] --- %format("&s &10.0f", Venoms:, @venoms) ~[%format( "&s &4.0f", , @vensips)~]
#SHOW *********************************************************
#SHOW %format("&s &9.0f", Empties:, @emptys) ~[%format("&s &4.0f", ,0)~] --- %format("&s &5.0f", Total Vials:, @numvials) ~[%format( "&s &4.0f", , @totalsips)~]
#SHOW %format("&s &4.0f", Average Life:, @vialavg) Months
#T- vialcolor

The compatability report says Does not compile : unmatched parenthesis at row 2 col 70
and also that the [] arent needed but thats just a mistake on its part since those are quoted with ~ to form part of the output

Now what its meant to do is display a nicely formatted table summarising my vials and their contents.. but what its doing is crashing cMud whenever I type showvials.

Oddly enough, if i right click the alias in the package editor and go execute it dosent crash, instead nothing happens at all.

EDIT: I forgot to add, that ive got other, similar aliases that make use of %format but work perfectly fine without crashing anything.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:34 am   

~[%format( "&s &4.0f", , @vensips)~]
Should be
~[%format( "&s &4.0f","" , @vensips)~]
In every place that you have a , , it wants , "",
I am told that this is a bug and that you should NOT fix your scripts if you are TRYING to find bugs.

If you are just trying to get it to work though that is the work around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: