Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:44 am   

[1.13] Map not updating?

This one has me a bit puzzled since the mapper with cMud is supposed to be identical to zMuds for the moment..

When I first imported the .mud file and let it convert to a pkg the configuration of the mapper got reset to default.. this wasnt a problem, however now that ive set it up with identical configuration to what ive got in zMud and when i move, the mapper isnt updating to follow..

I double checked its config settings against what i'm using in zMud to make sure I didnt miss anytthing out.

Anyone else having trouble with the mapper or noticeing new little annoyances emerging? cause it took me ages of trial and error to get the config -just right- so it would work in zMud and so far nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: ive also noticed that going reconfigure fails to detect the room name though i alter the settings after to match zmuds again
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:19 am   

You sometimes need to manually configure the mapper. I know I had to tweak the mapper manually to follow me.

Also, if you have any mapper override scripts, you'll need to verify that those are functioning properly.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:38 am   

I have been manually tweaking.. had to do a lot of that to make it work in zMud originally Smile

So far all my tweaking has been for naught though Sad

I guess i'll just keep at it but thought id make the thread in case cMud was having some unforseen issues with the old zMud mapper code
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:56 am   

I havnt delved to much into this issue but here is what I have noticed.

My mapper won't follow me!!!! :P It Queues the direction up and correctly creates an enabled #OK trigger that matches the room name in the the system/_tempmap class but the trigger will not fire at all.

doing a manual #OK moves the mapper correctly.

remember I havnt delved too much into this issue yet as it is a lower prio for me ATM
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:01 am   

I thought that mapper configs were stored separately as .zfg files? That would explain why your mapper was reset to the default - you'd need to import that to the mapper to get your old config back, not just the .mud/.pkg with your general mud settings in. In theory, provided any mapper override scripts that were in the .mud are compatible with CMUD, you could just load up the old config and map file and have it work just as it did before.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:19 am   

I'll add this to the bug list. It's possible that some of the changes to how triggers are processed caused something in the mapper to break.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: